So... will we beat Warrington?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: So... will we beat Warrington?

Post by moto748 »

It's much more about the coach and the players than it is IFL.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

moto748 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 am It's much more about the coach and the players than it is IFL.
I can't see that. All I see is IFL cut costs last year, Wane resigned because he knew we were losing quality players and backroom staff. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

East Stand Faithful wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 7:16 am
moto748 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:26 am It's much more about the coach and the players than it is IFL.
I can't see that. All I see is IFL cut costs last year, Wane resigned because he knew we were losing quality players and backroom staff. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
Did Wane tell you that? Be great to know the reason he actually gave was false
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

We lost Sam Tomkins, replaced with Hardaker, Bateman replaced with Greenwood and Sutton replaced with Bullock.
Bitcom went to Man City, we couldn't compete salary wise, Matty Peet went to Sale but has since returned, so the overall changes haven't been that big.
Wane left, which many on here wanted.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:15 am
We lost Sam Tomkins, replaced with Hardaker, Bateman replaced with Greenwood and Sutton replaced with Bullock.
Bitcom went to Man City, we couldn't compete salary wise, Matty Peet went to Sale but has since returned, so the overall changes haven't been that big.
The vast majority of human conclusions on what is true or false are based on narrative rather than logic. Despite this, we all convince ourselves that we are logical.

So, if I wanted Wane to stay, I see our current situation as proof that I was right - it fits my narrative.

Someone else thought Wane should go, so they find other reasons for our poor performance: Lam, players left, IFL etc.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
SJ

Post by SJ »

No but I'm always wrong
jobo

Post by jobo »

SJ wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 12:28 pm No but I'm always wrong
You're not wrong there SJ 😝
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

With Sammut back in the side and Ratchford missing I think we will do them by 10
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

A few more injuries won't help but they're missing Ratchford which will. It will be interesting to compare the performance/score with the Challenge Cup game to see if Barcelona was a one off or the start of a dip in form.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

No straw damn us wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 8:15 am
Bateman was never replaced. Greenwood was meant to replace him but in reality ended up replacing Joel Tomkins after the whole 'rectum of Wigan' incident.