Team for Saturday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Team for Saturday

Post by Suzieb »

If marshall is unfit for sat i would move hardaker to centre and push sarg out to the wing then i would bring escare in at fullback any coach would know that if we play escare out of position he will be exposed by warringtons kicking game also in the forwards i would play smithies partington and paisley the others have had their chance and not took it as for lockers either play him from the start of drop him if this team is to show any signs of improvement the coach must take the deadwood out of the team ie clubb nav isa my comments are based on 40 years experience in the game as a player and coach
Suzieb

Re: Team for Saturday

Post by Suzieb »

My hubby has put this on as i have never played rugby 😂
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Suzieb wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:58 am My hubby has put this on as i have never played rugby 😂
Well tell him hes bang on
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That sounds sensible. And so is unlikely to happen. Mr B should get his own account.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

No, no, no, no no.
Why change the team around for the sake of an inured winger? Escare has played far more on the wing than Sarginson, so just put him there.
If Greenwood is unfit, then put Smithies, Wells or Paisley in.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

No straw damn us wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 pm No, no, no, no no.
Why change the team around for the sake of an inured winger? Escare has played far more on the wing than Sarginson, so just put him there.
If Greenwood is unfit, then put Smithies, Wells or Paisley in.
Suppose its a question of:

Risk of Escare getting hammered with high balls and being unsuccessful vs moving players out of their favoured position to accommodate an injured Marshall and have Escare at FB.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’d be amazed if Escare isn’t on the wing,if he plays they hammer the high balll no matter where he plays
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 1:50 pm I’d be amazed if Escare isn’t on the wing,if he plays they hammer the high balll no matter where he plays
He's played on the wing at International level and is far more experienced there than Sarginson. If Sarginson played on the wing would he not get targeted just the same?
Please don't play Hankinson there!

The wing position has been cursed this last few years at Wigan.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Just saying but have we seen Escare unable to deal with a high ball while at wigan yet?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

The last time we played Warrington in the league he missed a high ball for Josh to score. So if you play him there expect much of the same.