Team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: Team

Post by medlocke »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:05 pm Is Escare injured?

If not how the hell can he not get in the team.

Even if we fluke a win im getting to the point of being done looking at that team selection.
His face doesn't fit does it, I'd be off if I was him, I'm sure he'd rather be playing every week at a lower level club than hardly ever at Wigan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:09 pm

Even if we fluke a win im getting to the point of being done looking at that team selection.
His face doesn't fit does it, I'd be off if I was him, I'm sure he'd rather be playing every week at a lower level club than hardly ever at Wigan
Its obscene, with the current performances he should be getting in.

Hankinson on the wing ffs
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:20 pm
medlocke wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:09 pm

Its obscene, with the current performances he should be getting in.

Hankinson on the wing ffs
its the worst selection of the season........ ooooooh lets make hanky into a second rower then play him emergency winger ffs....... when sarge is the worst right centre in the league aaaaaaaaaaaargh
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I’ll bet Escare was glad he missed out I saw Sarge pass once to Hankinson
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

fozzieskem wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 10:07 pm I’ll bet Escare was glad he missed out I saw Sarge pass once to Hankinson
😭😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

He hasn't lost the plot. Never had one in first place
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

At this stage I can only assume that Escare must have banged Lams wife because I can't think of any other plausible reason for him being left out for Hankinson to be played on the wing. I know Escare hasn't exactly set the world alight when he's played so far this year but he's better on the wing than Hankinson.

On a different note, does anyone know if we're intending on applying for salary cap relief? Surely with the number of injuries we have we'd qualify?
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Woody1989 wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 8:57 am At this stage I can only assume that Escare must have banged Lams wife because I can't think of any other plausible reason for him being left out for Hankinson to be played on the wing. I know Escare hasn't exactly set the world alight when he's played so far this year but he's better on the wing than Hankinson.

On a different note, does anyone know if we're intending on applying for salary cap relief? Surely with the number of injuries we have we'd qualify?
Didnt hull get refused because the players had played a match.

Get Lam on the pitch 😂
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I think the really worrying thing is that we all (and that includes me) are just becoming accepting of the fact that we aren't very good and kind of expect to get beaten.
We all knew that Daryl Clarke would eventually tear us apart down the middle because he's been doing it for years and we knew that no tactics would have been prepared during the week to combat him - we don't do tactics -or, judging by the team play - coaching.
Granted you can't do much about a freaky try - bouncing off a Wire head into someone's hands and off they go - but using our left flank, which is our only real hope seemed never to occur to us.
It would be kinder for Escare to let him go. Lam is obviously never going to play him so let him resurrect his career somewhere else.
Did anyone else think that Greenwood's injury was foul play? Philbin deliberately turned his body with the ball to make a shoulder charge on Greenwood. Surely that can't be legal!
And so, I guess the season will drag on with fans voting with their feet or simply turning their backs. Who would have believed it?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We can turn this round by replacing Lam with someone who knows what they are doing. We could then treat the last 10 games as a run in to next year. We have a lot of talent in this squad, and lots of potential coming through. Consign Lam and 2019 to the dustbin of history and have a clear vision of how we want to play under a good coach. I have complete confidence in our ability to play exciting rugby and be a force to be reckoned with, with some nips and tucks and making the most of the young talent.