Wigan Warriors' 2020 plans taking shape - but Adrian Lam doesn't expect any signings for this season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Woody1989

Re: Wigan Warriors' 2020 plans taking shape - but Adrian Lam doesn't expect any signings for this season

Post by Woody1989 »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:19 pm
Woody1989 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm
Mickw wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:23 am I wonder why that is .
Probably because he's never needed to sack one? The teams under Brian Noble, Michael Maguire and Shaun Wane were never poor enough to warrant it.
You are joking right, Nobles head was called for on a daily basis on here and rlfans at the time but Lenners wouldn't sack him, I remember it getting bad in 2008, Instead of releasing him he kept him on for 2009, CPWigan and others where not best pleased
I wasn't on this forum (or any others for that matter) back then but personally I thought Noble did exactly what he needed to, save us from relegation and make us competitive again. I don't remember it being as bad under Noble as it is right now and his CV may have been enough to warrant Lenegan allowing him to see his contract out. Lam doesn't have that luxury.

Regardless, one example of keeping a coach on to the end of his contract isn't enough evidence to conclude that Lenagan 'waits for contracts to expire'. We'll have to see what happens with Lam.
w.thomas

Re: Wigan Warriors' 2020 plans taking shape - but Adrian Lam doesn't expect any signings for this season

Post by w.thomas »

Lam will be coach regardless next season. IFL is a bottleless get. RL this past season has driven me to watch the round ball pansies roll around after a fly has landed on them.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Woody1989 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:01 pm
Woody1989 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Probably because he's never needed to sack one? The teams under Brian Noble, Michael Maguire and Shaun Wane were never poor enough to warrant it.
You are joking right, Nobles head was called for on a daily basis on here and rlfans at the time but Lenners wouldn't sack him, I remember it getting bad in 2008, Instead of releasing him he kept him on for 2009, CPWigan and others where not best pleased
I wasn't on this forum (or any others for that matter) back then but personally I thought Noble did exactly what he needed to, save us from relegation and make us competitive again. I don't remember it being as bad under Noble as it is right now and his CV may have been enough to warrant Lenegan allowing him to see his contract out. Lam doesn't have that luxury.

Regardless, one example of keeping a coach on to the end of his contract isn't enough evidence to conclude that Lenagan 'waits for contracts to expire'. We'll have to see what happens with Lam.
are you ian lenegan.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Woody1989 wrote:
Mickw wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:23 am
Mike wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 3:40 pm IL doesn't have a record of sacking coaches. He waits for contracts to expire.
I wonder why that is .
IL has only replaced one coach. Noble. Mage and Wane resigned.

If Noble never needed sacking why didn’t IL give him another contract? I’ll tell you why, after four years he’d won nowt and his team didn’t look like it would. His Wigan team more then warranted his removal sooner than when he was let go.

Noble was facing calls from fans to be given the boot and when he was finally replaced with Madge the team was transformed proving he’d had been kept on too long. At the time the common theory was IL didn’t want to react as the previous administration had done who would have sacked Noble one or two seasons sooner but regardless of that IL already has form for keeping coaches too long.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:12 am
Woody1989 wrote:
Mickw wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:23 am I wonder why that is .
IL has only replaced one coach. Noble. Mage and Wane resigned.

If Noble never needed sacking why didn’t IL give him another contract? I’ll tell you why, after four years he’d won nowt and his team didn’t look like it would. His Wigan team more then warranted his removal sooner than when he was let go.

Noble was facing calls from fans to be given the boot and when he was finally replaced with Madge the team was transformed proving he’d had been kept on too long. At the time the common theory was IL didn’t want to react as the previous administration had done who would have sacked Noble one or two seasons sooner but regardless of that IL already has form for keeping coaches too long.
Form from one example?

Wane was still winning trophies sport is result based and although alot of people didn't like he style what has him leaving achieved?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Mickw wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:03 am
Woody1989 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:01 pm

are you ian lenegan.

Kris, they're on to me.
SJ

Post by SJ »

Me too. Hope time is called on Lol and TL
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

As I understand it, Lam’s contract ends in November, so, having lost the 3 games in Yorkshire, IL would only be sacking him 4 months early. I hardly think the “cost” associated with that will give him a moment’s thought, given what is at stake - by then, we are likely only to have London below us, and they are showing no sign of lying down and giving up as we might have expected.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If we win on sunday( which i think we will) im quietly confident we can win 2 of the next 3 games after that........ i wouldnt put my mortgage on it though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE