Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Post by medlocke »

75p on it being THE BIG ONE v Salford
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I was thinking about what we might expect from this. I would be happy if we announced that we had signed Hastings, Clark and Bibby and had tied down Smithies (a shining light in the dark this year).
I wouldn’t care particularly either way if we have re-signed Burgess (who has already ditched us once and I am sure would walk again if he got an offer) and Clubb (loyal servant and brave player but no more than a squad man).
Anything less on the signings front would be more dispiriting than having no announcement at all.
If they are announcing Lam as our coach going forward, I would be less than overjoyed, as I am not convinced he is the man for the job.
If it is something else, I would be interested to hear what it is. I would not blame them if it was a marketing initiative, after all, we presumably have a marketing department so they must have something to do.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If it is hastings i wonder how long after the loss( officially) of george will be announced?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Firestarter wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:50 am If it is hastings i wonder how long after the loss( officially) of george will be announced?
Usually Wigan have opted to send the bad news out first if it hastings i would imagine the announcement of GW would come the day before or possibly the morning
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Hope I’m wrong but I think Hastings is a pipe dream
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:08 am Hope I’m wrong but I think Hastings is a pipe dream
i suspect youre correct
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

We must have known after he turned us down last time that Hastings was a risk. From that point on, we should have had a Plan B. You could call it planning for No Deal. 😀
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

We seem to have one of these announcements where there is an announcement there will be an announcement every season and so far I can't recall one that has not been an anticlimax. I will be pleasantly surprised if it is to announce Hasting's has been signed.

If not the club needs to learn that teasing an announcement and then it falling flat because it's nothing much really is not good marketing. It just leaves fans even more disappointed. It should also give them a clue that when fans speculate the announcement will be about significant signings this is what the fans are looking for.

If it is this time then great.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

IL's interpretation of the word big differs from mine so I won't be holding my breath.