Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:31 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:28 pm Clubb commits to Wigan

Tony Clubb agrees a new two-year deal with the Warriors.

Kris Radlinski: “Tony is a key member of our group and has the highest respect from his peers in the squad.”

Tony Clubb: “It’s a special place for me and I’m extremely happy to continue my career at Wigan.”
Wigan Warriors prop forward Tony Clubb has signed a contract extension to remain at the DW Stadium until 2021.
Clubb, whose current deal was due to expire at the end of the 2019 season, has signed a two-year deal to remain with the Cherry and Whites.

The 31-year old England international, who joined Wigan in 2014 from London Broncos, has become a key player for the Warriors and this season was included in the squad’s leadership group alongside captain Sean O’Loughlin and senior players Liam Farrell and Thomas Leuluai.

“Tony is a key member of our group and has the highest respect from his peers in the squad,” said Executive Director Kris Radlinksi.

“He is one of our leaders and on and off the field, sets standards for others to follow and he remains one of the competition’s fiercest and toughest front-rowers. We’re happy to see him extend his stay with Wigan Warriors.”

On signing his new-deal, Clubb said: “It was a no brainer and I’m really excited to stay with Wigan for another two years. After being here for five years, I’d like to call it my home. Me and my family have decided we are going to stay here in Wigan after I’ve finished rugby, as it is a great place to raise our kids.

“Hopefully, over the next few years we can win more trophies and I’ve been lucky that for the five years I’ve been here we’ve played in six finals. It’s a special place for me and I’m extremely happy to continue my career at Wigan.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... woPsyY0.99
Before all the negative comments start, its great to see someone come to the club and actually adopt the town like this.

Hopefully next year if we strengthen the pack we can get the best out of Clubb and no the current version who seems to be playing on with quite a few knocks.
I dont see it, He was garbage last year and we played well in the forwards so other players playing well around him doesnt lift him. Im not bothered if they hate the town as long as they play well. Garbage piece of business and a chunk of the cap wasted by a clown.
Wiganrealist

Post by Wiganrealist »

Not one of these so called big announcements is encouraging me to renew my season ticket for next year in fact quite the opposite it seems we are preparing for the championship. As for Radlinski he should take up writing scripts for the Chuckle Brothers or some other deceased comedians because he increasingly shows his grasp of the needs of a rugby league team have deserted him.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

The new half backs had better get the pulses racing or it's more good hidings from our nearest and dearest for the foreseeable future.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So is that it?

Smithies aside it’s not one for the scrapbook as it was common knowledge of Clark and bibby..
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

A waste of everybody's time . I could have been washing the windows .

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I quite liked how they did that.
Clark for Hamlin is a step up.
Bibby for Sarg is a step up.
Smithies and Partington are class. Always great to see our own coming through.
The rest of the announcements were neither here nor there as far as I am concerned.
My importantly, Rads has made it clear there are other announcements about signings just around the corner.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:11 pm I quite liked how they did that.
The rest of the announcements were neither here nor there as far as I am concerned.
My importantly, Rads has made it clear there are other announcements about signings just around the corner.
Have you not learnt Wigan fans cant be happy with anything 😂.

Twitter made me laugh

Cas fans annoyed we have got Clark
Wigan fans annoyed we've signed Clark
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

What a great announcement. We have dipped into the bargain bucket, got two new players, I wonder if it was buy one get one free. We have also signed a total has been, injury magnet, prop, and a player who doesn't Know if he's a centre, winger or second rower. I can't wait for IL's next visitation to the Pound shop of Rugby League players

I have watched Wigan for 40 years I and I am now asking at the moment why????? :(
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:15 pm

Twitter made me laugh

Last time at Cas wwe where talking to some Cas fans and they really rated Sarge..I kept saying our Sarge? As in Dan? You sure

Funny how everyone perceives things differently
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:33 pm
Caboosegg wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:15 pm

Twitter made me laugh

Last time at Cas wwe where talking to some Cas fans and they really rated Sarge..I kept saying our Sarge? As in Dan? You sure

Funny how everyone perceives things differently
A Cas fan watches Wigan a lot less than a Wigan fan does. Their opinion is based on a few live games and a few televised games a season, in which Sarge could have played well, which he is capable of.

I am sure us Wigan fans have opinions of other teams players which are different to their fans who watch them week in week out.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."