Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shaun1967

Re: Big Announcement on Thursday ... apparently

Post by Shaun1967 »

Whoever it is, I hope the contracts are signed before the announcement!
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

endoman wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:04 pm It's like the boy who cried wolf. We've been spun this line so many times before that quite simply I have no interest. Tell us when you've done it, whatever it is.
Agreed

You can be assured it will be the announcement of the next "Big One" v Wakey or HKR.

I'm really excited about that "big" news as of course you all should be
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

When i read all the reply`s it comes across that every one is pig sick of the way the club releases news, its all underhand and sneaked out in bits to try to reduce the impact. SO PISS OFF AND STOP TREATING US LIKE IDIOTS WE SEE THROUGH ALL YOU ARE DOING !!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

Another couple of Championship signings again maybe
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:04 pm When i read all the reply`s it comes across that every one is pig sick of the way the club releases news, its all underhand and sneaked out in bits to try to reduce the impact. SO PISS OFF AND STOP TREATING US LIKE IDIOTS WE SEE THROUGH ALL YOU ARE DOING !!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
😂bravo
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Radlinski to step down!!!

Please please please
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
endoman

Post by endoman »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:04 pm When i read all the reply`s it comes across that every one is pig sick of the way the club releases news, its all underhand and sneaked out in bits to try to reduce the impact. SO PISS OFF AND STOP TREATING US LIKE IDIOTS WE SEE THROUGH ALL YOU ARE DOING !!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Yep, this.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:20 pm Reducing the cost of pies :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
No chance, Lenagan would increase the cost of pies :lol:
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am not sure I agree with the blanket criticism, and am not sure that those angry enough to post angrily on here represent everyone. There are those who are criticising in advance that the announcement is bound to be rubbish, and are already angry. That seems to me to be anger for anger's sake. I am pleased that the club is going to be saying something about the future, as there have been many calls - including from many who now appear angriest - for the club to be more open. Those getting angry because the club are "crying wolf" or should not even be making an announcement seem to me to be getting angry for the sake of it.

Assuming the local press knows something about the club, they seem pretty confident that we have signed 2 players (who will both be upgrades on the heavily criticised players whose places they will be taking, and neither of them are from Championship clubs), and we are trying to sign Hastings - who is an upgrade on Williams. Now, if that's the announcement then that would be really good news.

Alongside this, Smithies is every inch a star in the making, and it is testimony to the money IL spends on talent spotting, junior development and recruitment that he is at the club. Signing him to a long term contract would genuinely be good news.

There is nothing to stop people assuming that the announcements will be rubbish, but it seems odd to treat that as fact and get angry about them in advance.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Exiled Wigan don't come on here with your positive outlook 😉

But i agree i will wait and see before i pass my personal judgment.

We have been needing something from the club for ages.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.