Mitch Clark to become a Warrior

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Mitch Clark to become a Warrior

Post by pedro »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:15 am Castleford Tigers are delighted to announce that We have offloaded our squad playing forward Mitch Clark to Wigan Warriors and will join next season on a three-year deal.
After spells at Doncaster RLFC, Hull KR and York City Knights, the 26-year old has knocked about at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle for Castleford carving out a reputation as one of the Tigers’ top 25 squad players.

On letting go of Mitch Clark, Castleford Coach Daryl Powell, said: “We are delighted to have got rid of Mitch for next season. I believe he is one of Super League’s most unknown forwards and in a very good Castleford side, he has built the reputation as one the guys who trained each week.

“What has impressed me in our conversations is how much Wigan Warriors wanted him, how he wants to conduct himself off the pitch, at training and how much he wants to play a prominent role for a struggling Super League outfit. We’re extremely excited to see him go to the Cherry and White next season.”

On joining Wigan, Clark said: “It’s a massive Club with so much history which speaks for itself. This is one of the biggest Clubs in West Lancashire - I’m majorly looking forward to joining and trying to break into that 25 man squad.”
:lol: :lol: :lol: your not wrong though, we keep asking for size in the pack and hes lighter than Ben Flower
Dev

Post by Dev »

Definitely think there’s more announcements coming...
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

ancientnloyal wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:15 am Castleford Tigers are delighted to announce that We have offloaded our squad playing forward Mitch Clark to Wigan Warriors and will join next season on a three-year deal.
After spells at Doncaster RLFC, Hull KR and York City Knights, the 26-year old has knocked about at the Mend-A-Hose Jungle for Castleford carving out a reputation as one of the Tigers’ top 25 squad players.

On letting go of Mitch Clark, Castleford Coach Daryl Powell, said: “We are delighted to have got rid of Mitch for next season. I believe he is one of Super League’s most unknown forwards and in a very good Castleford side, he has built the reputation as one the guys who trained each week.

“What has impressed me in our conversations is how much Wigan Warriors wanted him, how he wants to conduct himself off the pitch, at training and how much he wants to play a prominent role for a struggling Super League outfit. We’re extremely excited to see him go to the Cherry and White next season.”

On joining Wigan, Clark said: “It’s a massive Club with so much history which speaks for itself. This is one of the biggest Clubs in West Lancashire - I’m majorly looking forward to joining and trying to break into that 25 man squad.”
you after a media job at wigan.!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Just another Willie Isa.

Cheap player that won’t do anything to increase attendance or excitement.

Hope I’m proved wrong but squad player signing.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

"I believe he is one of Super League's most destructive forwards," said executive director Kris Radlinski.

Please will someone get rid of Radlinski!! stop taking fans for MUGS!!!

im not saying Clark is a bad player but he is definitely not the statement above!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Dev

Post by Dev »

He’s an upgrade on clubb
Crosty 54

Post by Crosty 54 »

What a let down he cannot get into the starting 13 allways on the bench must because he scored that try against are sh#t forwards no wonder Powell says we are glad to ofload him to wigan IL time for you to go cheapskate
pedro

Post by pedro »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:21 am "I believe he is one of Super League's most destructive forwards," said executive director Kris Radlinski.

im not saying Clark is a bad player but he is definitely not the statement above!
hes not even Castlefords most destructive forward
Wigan_forever1985

pedro wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:27 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:21 am "I believe he is one of Super League's most destructive forwards," said executive director Kris Radlinski.

hes not even Castlefords most destructive forward
not even close in fact according to LoveRugbyLeague stats he's never started for Castleford at all
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

The problem with this type of language from Radlinkski it does 2 things

1) It p*sses fans off because its like he thinks we will just accept what he says as fact depsite the fact we all watch rugby league and we know that he is not what rads is calling him here

2) Its not fair on Clark - his signing isnt a bad one if he is signed for what he is a body in a failing front row - but billing him as one of the most destructive forwards in the league makes fans point out how far he is from that so the reception is far more negative than it needs to be

Radlinski needs to go now!