Joe Burgess

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
billyc38

Re: Joe Burgess

Post by billyc38 »

If Lams still in charge when Budgie goes he may have been impressed with Hankinson on the wing...after Anfield who knows πŸ™ƒπŸ™„πŸ€”
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote: ↑Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:04 pm
moto748 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:41 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: ↑Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:09 am Could be an indication we see Manfredi and Davies as our long term wingers?
Or, indeed, Marshall and Davies? All we can do with Manfredi is wait and see.

Anyway, again, wingers are not really our problem.
I'd be happy if we ended up with Marshall and Davies, They score some great tries and plenty of them
I wouldn't Budgie and Fredi are a far more potent pair.

Budgie's try scoring record is phenomenal.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

billyc38 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:26 pm If Lams still in charge when Budgie goes he may have been impressed with Hankinson on the wing...after Anfield who knows πŸ™ƒπŸ™„πŸ€”
If he was impressed with that he needs to go sooner.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: ↑Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:14 am
moto748 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Or, indeed, Marshall and Davies? All we can do with Manfredi is wait and see.

Anyway, again, wingers are not really our problem.
I'd be happy if we ended up with Marshall and Davies, They score some great tries and plenty of them

Budgie is obviously leaving after 2020 and Fredi is a crock, Keeping him around because he might recover or he might come back to bite us in the ass if he is let go is shit business, Davies and Marshall perform perfectly well as replacements
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

medlocke wrote: ↑Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:18 am

Budgie is obviously leaving after 2020 and Fredi is a crock, Keeping him around because he might recover or he might come back to bite us in the ass if he is let go is shit business, Davies and Marshall perform perfectly well as replacements
I wouldn't agree. Tom Davies form prior to his injury was poor. Struggled to keep his place and the yardage he made disappeared with it
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: ↑Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:46 pm

I wouldn't agree. Tom Davies form prior to his injury was poor. Struggled to keep his place and the yardage he made disappeared with it
Form is temporary, Wasn't he a top try scorer a few seasons ago?, Or have I got him mixed up with another
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: ↑Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:46 pm

Agreed that Tom's form was poor. I wondered if it was due to the change of coach? Wane liked wingers to be involved early in the sets and from our own line. This suited Davies who made lots of metres, but these dried up under Lam's more entertaining approach (!)
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ancientnloyal wrote: ↑Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:25 pm Said elsewhere it’s for the NRL. Nobody wanted him for 2020 now a year extra to try again for 2021. Why would wigan offer a 1 year deal to a young winger who has nearly a try every game? It would be a 4 year deal surely.

The quicker IL gets a spine and stops worrying about players wanting to go to the NRL the better
If the only two options were release for free at end of year or sign up for a 1 year extension then we have done the right thing.

Manfredi cannot be depended upon because of his injuries. Davies has had a season ender and Marshall seems the least favoured out of our 4.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."