Hankinson contract extended

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Hankinson contract extended

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:48 am Still waiting for you to name these great young centers waiting in the wings Dave.

Anybody would think Hankinson had been given a marque place for 4 seasons the way your going on about
Why do you think he was dropped for Sunday?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:54 am
medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:48 am Still waiting for you to name these great young centers waiting in the wings Dave.

Anybody would think Hankinson had been given a marque place for 4 seasons the way your going on about
Didn't know he was dropped, never listened to the game due to getting ready for a house move
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

medlocke wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:11 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:54 am

Didn't know he was dropped, never listened to the game due to getting ready for a house move
Wasn't in the 17.

Our forwards/interchanges were:

Flower, Powell, Clubb, Isa, Farrell, O'Loughlin

Interchanges: Bullock, Shorrocks, Smithies, Tautai

Doesn't make sense to extend his contract unless one of the above is leaving or he is on a very very cheap deal.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I agree with Dave better first choice squad and rely on youth. It's the only way with the cap as it is.
If you bring one player in because of injury it may as well be a young lad.
If you have a few injuries it may as well be young lads.
Look at results when we have brought the odd young player in always been ok.
If you have a load of injuries your mainly going to lose like we have done this year and also in periods when Wane was coaching and injury hits the squad the odd win is the exception not the rule when you have five or more players out with or without squad depth.
Carrying a good 15 is better than a good 8 with 20 other average squad players
You also need a run of luck injury wise to win stuff. That strong spine is what holds you together the odd youth player wont change that if anything coming into that set up improves young players.
Zak Dom Gilly Burgess William's Flower Greenwood Faz Bullock (lockers Tommy coming to the end you may carry one in the squad) are what I would class as good Sarge as back cover iis fine as is. You may also say Sammut or Powell would be OK if we had two or three more top quality players you can win trophys with players like Powel and Sarge as part of a squad not only that but for me Sarge was MOM in the GF from fullback and
powell was against Cronulla in World club challenge neither let us down in big games.
For me you then need to trim dead wood and get players with a point to prove.
Byrne Smithies have both offered more than Romain or T I imagine at a fraction of the cost as an example.
We also cant be scared of letting go hanging onto to players in the hope they make it weakens us the second team set up may change that.
Very difficult under the cap with NRL knocking on the door and sending good players contracts to a higher level example William's/Gildart.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!