Wigan Superstar players

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal
Posts: 13772
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Wigan Superstar players

Post by ancientnloyal » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:35 am

Think Adrian Lam (Player), Trent Barrett, Sam Tomkins, Vaealiki... who of the current team would we class as being Class?

Austin at Wire
Lomax, Coote at Saints
Hastings at salford
Johnstone at Wakey
Gale at Cas (he is though...)

What are our options? Hardaker? Manfredi when fit. This is what we are lacking here and now and for 2020...

endoman
Posts: 310
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by endoman » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:52 am

Gildart, Hardaker,

User avatar
Firestarter
Posts: 2048
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by Firestarter » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am

Vaieleki???he wasnt class as i remember
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE

nathan_rugby
Posts: 1658
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:12 pm

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by nathan_rugby » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:56 am

It should be Hardaker, Burgess & Williams with the next crop being Gildart and Farrell in my opinion.

We do seem to lack a player with the X factor since Tomkins and Bateman left.

The problem we have is that we have expectations greater than certain players potential. We also have injuries that is stopping players getting back to form and a style of play which doesn’t suite.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."

User avatar
Wigan_forever1985
Posts: 5136
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am

At Wigan i think only Oli really qualifies as its incredibly rare he has a bad game

Williams should be there but really needs to work on consistency and picking the right option

Obviously in his day Lockers but he is 2-3 years now away from that player
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

pedro
Posts: 4000
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:37 pm

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by pedro » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:00 am

Firestarter wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am
Vaieleki???he wasnt class as i remember
when we signed him it was pre injury and was classed as one of the best centres in the world on either side of the world
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1857407490.png

User avatar
medlocke
Posts: 8017
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by medlocke » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:23 am

pedro wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:00 am
Firestarter wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:01 am
Vaieleki???he wasnt class as i remember
when we signed him it was pre injury and was classed as one of the best centres in the world on either side of the world
He where Fresh

Caboosegg
Posts: 1550
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:51 pm

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by Caboosegg » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:24 am

Wigan_forever1985 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:29 am
At Wigan i think only Oli really qualifies as its incredibly rare he has a bad game

Williams should be there but really needs to work on consistency and picking the right option

Obviously in his day Lockers but he is 2-3 years now away from that player
Burgess has the potential
Manfredi when hes not injured, the quality he showed when he came back was world class.

Maybe Hardaker but i have never been a fan, hes a glory hog for me and not worker.
RL's biggest issue is the constant negativity of its own fans.

support verb [ (ENCOURAGE)

"to agree with and give encouragement to someone or something because you want him, her, or it to succeed"

First Try Tickle
Posts: 982
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:15 am

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by First Try Tickle » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:48 am

I'm hoping that the signings of current fringe players like Clark and Bibby and the resigning of other current mediocre players is because Rads is keeping the money back for a superstar signing.

Even my 9 year old niece who is Wigan mad was underwhelmed with yesterdays announcement.

I would love us to bring in a superstar Aussie, even if they are getting on a bit and it doesn't really work out.

Its the announcement we need at the moment.

Sonny Bill Williams please.

User avatar
Wigan_forever1985
Posts: 5136
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Re: Wigan Superstar players

Post by Wigan_forever1985 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:58 am

First Try Tickle wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:48 am
I'm hoping that the signings of current fringe players like Clark and Bibby and the resigning of other current mediocre players is because Rads is keeping the money back for a superstar signing.

Even my 9 year old niece who is Wigan mad was underwhelmed with yesterdays announcement.

I would love us to bring in a superstar Aussie, even if they are getting on a bit and it doesn't really work out.

Its the announcement we need at the moment.

Sonny Bill Williams please.
Totally agree with this i can remember when Barrett was announced fans were buzzing! there was an atmosphere of expectation. Even more recently Finch and Hoffman or even Matty Bowen!

Rads and IL are so short sighted they would be asking Mr Magoo to be their eyes - Anything under Hastings now will be a complete failure - even atkin who is a very good prospect
Always be yourself - unless you can be Dan Bilzerian then ALWAYS be Dan Bilzerian!

Post Reply