Your Game Day Preference

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Game Day Preference

Poll ended at Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Thursday Night
No votes
Friday Night
63%
Saturday Afternoon
3%
Saturday Evening
13%
Sunday Afternoon
22%

Total votes: 32

DaveO

Re: Your Game Day Preference

Post by DaveO »

Friday night. As I have to travel to games Sunday 3pm kick offs mean the entire afternoon would be dedicated to RL and while that would not bother me, it doesn’t work for the rest of the family.

I’d also prefer it if the kick off reverted to 8pm. I am convinced having to set off just that little bit earlier puts me in more Friday night traffic.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

With the age and pace in this team playing in the mid afternoon sun is not a good idea.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

First Try Tickle wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:56 pm What’s the point in summer rugby and then playing the games at night.

Watch the game Sunday afternoon in the sunshine, then a couple of pint in the ball n boot, rounds the weekend off perfectly.
Good point First Try.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Going back years. Didn't Sky use to show a live game on Sunday afternoon (or evening)?

It got switched to Saturday evening and then moved to Thursdays (yuck) (Used to LOVE Granada live RL games on the evening weekend)

I get the argument that football is player on every night and the stadiums are pretty chock however, I would point out that not every Liverpool (for example) fan travels down to watch the games in London. They have (like other teams) massive following all over the country. As a sport the parochialism of RL means fans either travel on the odd nights SKY dictate or not bother at all and watch on the tv screen instead

The sport needs to be careful on it's over-reliance on SKY because if it pulls the plug and the paying fans have left, then amateur status here we come.............
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: