What has to happen for Lam to succeed?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: What has to happen for Lam to succeed?

Post by josie andrews »

medlocke wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:56 pm
DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:01 pm Well given the news about TT and drink driving I think we can add to the list a commitment from the entire team to give up the booze until the end of the season.
There should be a season long ban on booze with heavy fines, Breathalyze every player every day before training, They are proffessional sportsmen ffs, Doubt it would cost must once they bought a couple of machines
I've said this before. It's not like it was in the past when players used to do the "Lane" on a Thursday before a weekend game!

These players are finely tuned athletes with all their dietary needs worked out for them. What they can eat, drink & when! So anything off of the list is bound to cock up their metabolism & play havoc with their fitness.

Well, it used to be so when Bitcon was here, because he showed me the paperwork once for each & every individual player that he/they used during the season to maintain their fitness etc
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:09 pm
medlocke wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:56 pm
DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:01 pm Well given the news about TT and drink driving I think we can add to the list a commitment from the entire team to give up the booze until the end of the season.
There should be a season long ban on booze with heavy fines, Breathalyze every player every day before training, They are proffessional sportsmen ffs, Doubt it would cost must once they bought a couple of machines
I've said this before. It's not like it was in the past when players used to do the "Lane" on a Thursday before a weekend game!

These players are finely tuned athletes with all their dietary needs worked out for them. What they can eat, drink & when! So anything off of the list is bound to cock up their metabolism & play havoc with their fitness.

Well, it used to be so when Bitcon was here, because he showed me the paperwork once for each & every individual player that he/they used during the season to maintain their fitness etc
I am glad you mentioned this Josie. There still seem to be those who think because this is Rugby League it is acceptable for players to go on the raz and get bladdered and the club (and fans) have no right to insist they lead any different a life to any other twenty odd year old whose biggest exertion might be running for the bus.

If the club doesn't do the things you mention Bitcon did anymore then IL and Rads have really lost the plot. We have no reason to believe they don't to be fair but even if they have carried on with it, there is a disconnect here. What is the point of the club doing this if the players go and ruin it all?
Oldprop

Post by Oldprop »

Sorry but drinking happened under St Bitcoms watch.
Tomkins brothers fiasco, Sams little escapade at St Pats social club.
Bateman and Mossop. Gaz Hock cocaine, to name but a few.
I agree players need to be sensible and drink driving cannot be condoned, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Oldprop wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:51 pm Sorry but drinking happened under St Bitcoms watch.
I agree players need to be sensible and drink driving cannot be condoned, but let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
And none of those players are at the club now.

The only thing with Bateman is, he was a lightweight when it came to having a drink. The whole team were out that day, all day at the races. He was new to the club & he will tell you himself he was a hothead but after that incident he changed completely & he was suitably punished with a ten week ban from the club. He learned his lesson.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Oldprop

Post by Oldprop »

Either left of their own making or moved on due to bad publicity, not of Bitcoms record keeping.
DaveO

What has to happen for Lam to succeed?

Post by DaveO »

Oldprop wrote:Sorry but drinking happened under St Bitcoms watch.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone? What are you on about? We aren’t professional athletes.

If there was a drinking culture while Bitcon was doing his work then he was working with one hand tied behind his back and is no excuse for it carrying on. Just means IL and Rads have been presiding over poor standards for longer.

I bet he’s not got the same problem at Man City where he is now.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

When the Bateman thing happened he was banned for 10 weeks

Zak received no ban (this it wasn't in competition doesn't wash with me either - I'm not bothered about drinking out of competition but drink driving is drink driving you represent the club as soon as you're on the roster regardless of competition or not!)

Mullen didnt receive a ban either did he?

They cant now ban TT because how can you ban TT and not ban ZH? you can judge your bans on who is more valuable to the team!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:43 am When the Bateman thing happened he was banned for 10 weeks

Zak received no ban (this it wasn't in competition doesn't wash with me either - I'm not bothered about drinking out of competition but drink driving is drink driving you represent the club as soon as you're on the roster regardless of competition or not!)

They cant now ban TT because how can you ban TT and not ban ZH? you can judge your bans on who is more valuable to the team!
Had Zak's contract actually started at the time of the incident iirc he was still on his ban and therefore not actually an employee of the club, Could be wrong though, However he should have had the contract terminated, If the club is going to get a grip on the current piss head culture then TT needs to be dealt with severely by the club which will send the message out that they aren't going to tolerate this kind of behavior any more,, No player is greater than the club
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:55 am
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:43 am When the Bateman thing happened he was banned for 10 weeks

Had Zak's contract actually started at the time of the incident iirc he was still on his ban and therefore not actually an employee of the club, Could be wrong though, However he should have had the contract terminated, If the club is going to get a grip on the current piss head culture then TT needs to be dealt with severely by the club which will send the message out that they aren't going to tolerate this kind of behavior any more,, No player is greater than the club
I dont know actually maybe youre right

I think the clubs management needs an overhaul theyve clearly lost the players at the moment and we are fast becoming a laughing stock

Notice how theyve swept the Gabe Hamlin incident under the carpet -what even happened with that? no press release

THE CLUB IS A SHAM!!!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:04 am
medlocke wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:55 am

I dont know actually maybe youre right

I think the clubs management needs an overhaul theyve clearly lost the players at the moment and we are fast becoming a laughing stock

Notice how theyve swept the Gabe Hamlin incident under the carpet -what even happened with that? no press release

THE CLUB IS A SHAM!!!
Your not wrong there