19-man squad vs Leeds

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: 19-man squad vs Leeds

Post by Firestarter »

Shorroks looked really lively at KR and is very unlucky not to play as tommy was, once again,non creative at seven...... TT is a big loss now that flower is out so ide start lockers at prop as nav drops the ball way to much at important times........ gonna be a tricky one with sammut as nobody seems to know if hes unfit or just dropped....... as for greenwood ( who knows)? Maybe its for the best as we need to keep all seventeen fit for once this season......, escare has to start at one and given a fair go...... add to that his goalkicking and its an easy option........ obviously rainy conditions will alter team selection but, if dry, that would be my choices
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

bertina wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:15 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 pm T didn’t deserve a place in the squad based on form alone but Shorrocks did in my opinion. I am finding it very difficult to understand Lam’s selection policy especially given his statement a few weeks ago when he stated that the forwards needed to perform or they would be dropped. Jobs for the boys continually springs to mind!
Who else would you suggest he bring into the squad in the pack.?
He's got Partington, Byrne and Smithies in there.
As for Shorrocks, IF !! Sammutt is fit I think he should play. Tommy and Powell to share the hooking role.
Sarge to FB, Hankinson to centre. Escare and 3 forwards on the bench.
Simples.!!
You cannot have Escare on the bench, one of Tommy/Powell and 3 forwards on the bench.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:51 pm
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:37 pm T didn’t deserve a place in the squad based on form alone but Shorrocks did in my opinion. I am finding it very difficult to understand Lam’s selection policy especially given his statement a few weeks ago when he stated that the forwards needed to perform or they would be dropped. Jobs for the boys continually springs to mind!
Who was included who you don't think should have been based on the above?

Who could they have been replaced with?
That is irrelevant my post is based on Lam's comment that players will be picked on form. Players should be rewarded for playing well.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm
As for Shorrocks, IF !! Sammutt is fit I think he should play. Tommy and Powell to share the hooking role.
Simples.!!
You cannot have Escare on the bench, one of Tommy/Powell and 3 forwards on the bench.
Why not?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Anybody think we will win on Friday?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:34 pm Anybody think we will win on Friday?
Yes
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm

That is irrelevant my post is based on Lam's comment that players will be picked on form. Players should be rewarded for playing well.
For what is it worth sefc I agree with you. All these quotes spouted by Lam become meaningless soundbites if he fails to act on what he claims in newsprint. This is not some sort of misquote or off-the-record comment. He openly was interviewed and made that statement in print. His words and as such his actions are utter rubbish if he won't back them up. He looks weak and by God he will be weak
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think if its dry we might just sneak it
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:00 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:26 pm
Simples.!!
Why not?
Because that would be 5 players and not 4...
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:59 pm

So which players do not warrant a place based on form and which players should have been brought in?