Dan Sarginson stakes claim for Wigan Warriors full-back spot

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Dan Sarginson stakes claim for Wigan Warriors full-back sp

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Sarg is a good full back, and has played well there for us on numerous occasions. Hardaker is better. If Hankinson can build on last night’s performance then he may be a better bet at right centre. Which might be harsh. Overall, last night endorsed the decisions they made on the contract renewals earlier this year.
DaveO

Dan Sarginson stakes claim for Wigan Warriors full-back spot

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote:
Multi millionaires of owning stuff like this shouldn’t worry about money. Wigan can be set-sustained regardless.

Lenagan knows it’s bad at the minute and gambled on his route, whatever end goal that is for
In the grand scheme of things IL isn’t rich enough to keep bankrolling the club. He sold his software business, Workplace System in 2011 for £19m which while more than enough for a very comfortable lifestyle, it’s going to reduce quite rapidly if the club needs him to pump in half a million a year.

He is just not in the same league financially as Moran at Warrington, and definitely not in the same league as the Wolfpack owners who if they get to SL will be outspending everyone. Saints have several directors all of whom have pumped money into their club.

This is why I have been saying for a while he needs to co-opt some other directors onto board who are willing to invest and/or secure lucrative sponsorship. He does not seem interested in doing the former and has failed to do the latter. He’s tried the London and Australian ideas which have not worked and that’s it.

I think the fact he owns ninety odd percent of the shares and won’t seemingly sell any to allow other directors to be appointed is the root of any cash problems the club has.

When the RFL failed to put out the TV rights to tender IL went ballistic and my opinion IL saw increased TV revenue as allowing him to own the club but without having to contribute so much while also allowing higher wages to be paid. I now think he is holding out for a new TV deal or even more of the existing TV money going to SL clubs.

Until that happens the club will have to live off its revenue and so expect average signings for the most part. If when the new TV is negotiated this doesn’t deliver an increased income then if IL continues as sole owner I can’t see Wigan being able to compete financially.

medlocke

Re: Dan Sarginson stakes claim for Wigan Warriors full-back spot

Post by medlocke »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:42 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:
Multi millionaires of owning stuff like this shouldn’t worry about money. Wigan can be set-sustained regardless.

Lenagan knows it’s bad at the minute and gambled on his route, whatever end goal that is for
In the grand scheme of things IL isn’t rich enough to keep bankrolling the club. He sold his software business, Workplace System in 2011 for £19m which while more than enough for a very comfortable lifestyle, it’s going to reduce quite rapidly if the club needs him to pump in half a million a year.

He is just not in the same league financially as Moran at Warrington, and definitely not in the same league as the Wolfpack owners who if they get to SL will be outspending everyone. Saints have several directors all of whom have pumped money into their club.

This is why I have been saying for a while he needs to co-opt some other directors onto board who are willing to invest and/or secure lucrative sponsorship. He does not seem interested in doing the former and has failed to do the latter. He’s tried the London and Australian ideas which have not worked and that’s it.

I think the fact he owns ninety odd percent of the shares and won’t seemingly sell any to allow other directors to be appointed is the root of any cash problems the club has.

When the RFL failed to put out the TV rights to tender IL went ballistic and my opinion IL saw increased TV revenue as allowing him to own the club but without having to contribute so much while also allowing higher wages to be paid. I now think he is holding out for a new TV deal or even more of the extorting TV money going to SL clubs.

Until that happens the club will have to live off its revenue and so expect average signings for the most part. If when the new TV is negotiated this doesn’t deliver an increased income then if IL continues as sole owner I can’t see Wigan being able to compete financially.
Thought he was supposed to be worth around £64m, Sure I read that somewhere on one of these forums, You can see why he's cost cutting if he's only got £19m, He should offer the club up to the extremely wealthy Ainscoughs and see if they want to dabble in the world of pro RL
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

With all the advice freely available to them on this forum, you have to wonder why Leneghan and Lam keep making such bad decisions :D

Seriously, wouldn't it be helpful when reading a post offering advice on how a millionaire should spend his money, or how a SL coach should pick his team, if posters gave us a brief resumé of their coaching qualifications and experience of high finance? Or simply the latest balance in their bank account?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:48 pm
ancientnloyal wrote:

When the RFL failed to put out the TV rights to tender IL went ballistic and my opinion IL saw increased TV revenue as allowing him to own the club but without having to contribute so much while also allowing higher wages to be paid. I now think he is holding out for a new TV deal or even more of the extorting TV money going to SL clubs.

Thought he was supposed to be worth around £64m, Sure I read that somewhere on one of these forums, You can see why he's cost cutting if he's only got £19m, He should offer the club up to the extremely wealthy Ainscoughs and see if they want to dabble in the world of pro RL
Meds, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ainscoughs offer to put a wedge of money into the club, Lengan said no?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

PF Warrior wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Meds, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Ainscoughs offer to put a wedge of money into the club, Lengan said no?
Not a clue about that one, Piss poor if it's right, Why would you turn down investment if you can't afford to run the club to standard that is needed, I'm sure somebody who knows more about the goings on at club could enlighten us
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 pm With all the advice freely available to them on this forum, you have to wonder why Leneghan and Lam keep making such bad decisions :D

Seriously, wouldn't it be helpful when reading a post offering advice on how a millionaire should spend his money, or how a SL coach should pick his team, if posters gave us a brief resumé of their coaching qualifications and experience of high finance? Or simply the latest balance in their bank account?
It would be interesting to see Lams coaching qualifications. Never been a coach of any team in a regular league. Was assistant to Wayne Bennett at St. George, but for a couple of months before being replaced by Price, the Wolves coach. Lam was then put in charge of St. George U20's
So that speaks volumes of Adrian Lams coaching abilities.
I nearly for got him being the coach of Papua New Guinea. He has to prove his Coaching abilities ever week there doesn't he!
I think we would be better coached by one of Wigan St. Pat's coaches. At least they to coach in a competitive league.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

medlocke wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:11 pm
PF Warrior wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:28 pm

Not a clue about that one, Piss poor if it's right, Why would you turn down investment if you can't afford to run the club to standard that is needed, I'm sure somebody who knows more about the goings on at club could enlighten us
Meds/PW it would surprise me at all. Langham is an arrogant man.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Jamie Acton is dating an ainscough isn’t he if I am correct, which boggles the mind with local stories from Leigh regarding dodgy goings on with er... just say dodgy goings on
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

captinjack wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:18 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 pm With all the advice freely available to them on this forum, you have to wonder why Leneghan and Lam keep making such bad decisions :D

It would be interesting to see Lams coaching qualifications. Never been a coach of any team in a regular league. Was assistant to Wayne Bennett at St. George, but for a couple of months before being replaced by Price, the Wolves coach. Lam was then put in charge of St. George U20's
So that speaks volumes of Adrian Lams coaching abilities.
I nearly for got him being the coach of Papua New Guinea. He has to prove his Coaching abilities ever week there doesn't he!
I think we would be better coached by one of Wigan St. Pat's coaches. At least they to coach in a competitive league.
Not after last season surely?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.