Dan Sarginson stakes claim for Wigan Warriors full-back spot

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Dan Sarginson stakes claim for Wigan Warriors full-back spot

Post by ancientnloyal »

Ian Lenagan must know what the situation is of course he does! The route he is choosing is to save money and not spend his own. Why own a massive club like Wigan when you won’t spend on getting bums on seats?? I get a lot has gone into the infrastructure of youth/community etc but we should be doing that anyway!

To be a multi millionaire and own a sports club you do it for success and see the best. It ego above all else isn’t it. You don’t do it as a business like IL. Imagine Man City suddenly saying “actually no we won’t buy Messi we’re getting someone from scunthorpe instead”

Multi millionaires of owning stuff like this shouldn’t worry about money. Wigan can be set-sustained regardless.

Lenagan knows it’s bad at the minute and gambled on his route, whatever end goal that is for him.

Wigan RL is us and always will be
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

It just sums up the way the club is being run ☹️☹️☹️ Lams as good as saying I’m in charge of the team and will play who I like, where I like and stuff what anyone else says . The guys a moron . I posted weeks ago about the physios and got shot down by some on here regarding Lam ., but what do I know. ☹️☹️ . A coach who the physio s don’t see for weeks is not professional. He should be in first thing every day seeing where the injured are up to.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Just out of interest having watched the game can anyone say Morgan would have done better than Sarge last night.
For me as much as I enjoy watching the little French mon Lam got this spot on.
Even further Hank with his strong D and kicking is now knocking on the door as a starter. Sarge as a better choice at one and Zak a better choice at right centre.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

up the junction wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:13 pm It just sums up the way the club is being run ☹️☹️☹️ Lams as good as saying I’m in charge of the team and will play who I like, where I like and stuff what anyone else says . The guys a moron . I posted weeks ago about the physios and got shot down by some on here regarding Lam ., but what do I know. ☹️☹️ . A coach who the physio s don’t see for weeks is not professional. He should be in first thing every day seeing where the injured are up to.
What’s this about the physios ?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

up the junction wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:13 pm It just sums up the way the club is being run ☹️☹️☹️ Lams as good as saying I’m in charge of the team and will play who I like, where I like and stuff what anyone else says . The guys a moron . I posted weeks ago about the physios and got shot down by some on here regarding Lam ., but what do I know. ☹️☹️ . A coach who the physio s don’t see for weeks is not professional. He should be in first thing every day seeing where the injured are up to.
But Lam is the head coach so he is in charge of the team and can pick who he likes, where he likes. That's basically his job when it comes to team selection.

Team selection which, going off those who played well last night and the fact we got a result at a place we rarely ever win, was sensible.

I mean the guy comes out with some bizarre stuff but I don't think he can be blamed for not sharing some fans views that Morgan Escare is the messiah.

It's also very interesting that one of the most vocal critics of Escare not being selected mentioned his goal kicking was a reason to select him (even though his kicking isn't that great). Lam's post match comments mention Hankinson was selected partly because of his kicking (which going off his time at Swinton is really good) so that must have been a smart move.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:07 am Just out of interest having watched the game can anyone say Morgan would have done better than Sarge last night.
For me as much as I enjoy watching the little French mon Lam got this spot on.
Even further Hank with his strong D and kicking is now knocking on the door as a starter. Sarge as a better choice at one and Zak a better choice at right centre.
Sarge had a good game running the ball back and positionally good. His lack of a pass is a problem. Need to ger Zak playing better or move to centre for a spell. Hankisnon probably had his best game so far and place kicking was very assured. Clubb was much better and his "try" could help bring some confidence to the team.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Theres a lot of Escare fan boys spitting their dummies out this morning :o
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I like escare and personally would have played morgan at one, sarge at centre and sammut at seven....... lam got it right...... i was wrong and respect were respect is due
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
SJ

Post by SJ »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:26 am :twisted: :oops:
Talking to the senior players and the coaches, and my own thinking is Sarge played probably his best game of the season there (at full-back),” said the coach.

“It was a massive effort and I’m leaning towards him playing at full-back.
So does he stay at FB for the rest of the season instead of Hardaker when he is fit again??

If this snub doesn't prove that Lam has something against Escare, I don't know what does!
Fecking disgusting!

I'm seriously thinking of not renewing my season ticket next year! I even asked the ticket office yesterday to cancel my auto renew status! That is how disgusted I am with the whole set up at Wigan this season😡
Don't do that your part and parcel of the club. It's a big part of your life girl These ups and downs move in cycles. It'll come good you'll see 🤓
moto748

Post by moto748 »

This is getting like Rocky II...

"Wane must have something against him!", "He's the best prospect I've seen in x years of watching the game!"

Then he went to Cas, and, surprise surprise, Powell didn't think he was the second coming either.

I'm no fan of Lam and don't particularly want to see him as a long-term coach, but right now he is Head Coach and he is not obliged to pick Escaré (or any other player). Plus, obviously a Head Coach has access to info that just is not in the public domain.

And having said all that, Hampshire is still twice the player Escaré is.