Leeds V Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Leeds V Wigan

Post by ancientnloyal »

We won so I guess relegation is safe now...

Still... as we were more questions than answers
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Powell excellent, Sarge had a good game, and Hankinson with the boot!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Hankinson's kicking won that game. Looked very solid technique.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Warrior20 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 pm Why did he not bring Sammut on? What a waste of a bench spot. Lam clearly does not like players who don’t play to a structure but that is exactly what we are crying out for!
Maybe he was only going to risk him if the proverbial hit the fan? He wasn't fully fit last time he played but then that would beg the question why not put Escare on the bench instead if Summut was a risk?
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Warrior20 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 pm Why did he not bring Sammut on? What a waste of a bench spot. Lam clearly does not like players who don’t play to a structure but that is exactly what we are crying out for!
Wouldn't surprise me if it was to do with Hurrell down the right edge. Tommy was doing a good job defensively alongside Hankinson. Bring Sammut on and there's a risk he'd get pushed around. With the game so tight I thought it was probably the right call because one powerful half break from Hurrell could have made a big difference.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

We won but that was garbage. IFL either needs to spend big for next season or sell up.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Hankinson did a good job defending Hurrell and kicked all his conversions winning us the match he needs to be in the team to get more game time can see now why he got 1 year extension on his contract .
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The outstanding improvement for me was Hankinson's goalkicking. That kept us ahead for most of the game.
Lam can't dismiss that as the 2 points from pens and convs are so important.
I wanted Escare at fb with Sarge staying centre.
Just shows what can happen.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Placing Sammut on the bench and not using him above putting Escare at fullback 😂.

That was nerve racking and i still dont understand sarge at fullback. Although can we give hankinson a run... we need a kicker.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

I was wondering that particularly as every Leuluai kick tonight was absolute dross.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.