Leeds V Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Leeds V Wigan

Post by DaveO »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 pm The outstanding improvement for me was Hankinson's goalkicking. That kept us ahead for most of the game.
Lam can't dismiss that as the 2 points from pens and convs are so important.
Given the way we are playing this is very true. Keeping us ahead and turning 4 into 6 on every try is a real boost.

Goal kicking (or lack of it) has been a debate on here for a quite a few seasons with only Sam T providing some respite for a bit in an otherwise poor part of the game for us.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

jaws1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:15 pm Hankinson did a good job defending Hurrell and kicked all his conversions winning us the match he needs to be in the team to get more game time can see now why he got 1 year extension on his contract .
Absolutely. Kept Hurrell quiet all game and the local Leeds fans I watch the games with reckon he is their only good overseas signing of the five!!
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Yeah, as I said on the other thread, Hank defended well, and his goal-kicking was great and looked confident. We certainly could have used Sammut's kicking game, though. Luckily for us, Lolo and Myler were both pretty poor too. We may be two points off fifth or whatever, but we have nowhere near enough in attack to trouble the best sides.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

How many times did hurrell lose the ball and get a pen? We only stole it once
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Despite all his knockers i think clubby has done really well last two games
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 pm
Warrior20 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:49 pm Why did he not bring Sammut on? What a waste of a bench spot. Lam clearly does not like players who don’t play to a structure but that is exactly what we are crying out for!
I was wondering that particularly as every Leuluai kick tonight was absolute dross.
Spot on, Ian. 90% straight to their wingers/full back.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

ian.birchall wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:37 pm
jaws1 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:15 pm Hankinson did a good job defending Hurrell and kicked all his conversions winning us the match he needs to be in the team to get more game time can see now why he got 1 year extension on his contract .
Absolutely. Kept Hurrell quiet all game and the local Leeds fans I watch the games with reckon he is their only good overseas signing of the five!!
One memorable tackle by Hank on Hurrell in 2nd half. About 15m out from our line iirc, he hit him just as Hurrell caught the ball - perfect timing, and when we were under the cosh.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Firestarter wrote:Despite all his knockers i think clubby has done really well last two games
Well his “try” was really funny (in a good way). He probably doubled his seasons meters with that ;)
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Bloody hell, we won that was all that counts. We are a poor team but Leeds are worse.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

We are what we are and tonight showed where we're at, and that is just out of reach of relegation.

The team is very limited and as thick as two short planks,but I credit them with toughing it out.
The senior players should lead by example but the young lads show just how bad the seniors are.