Why doesn’t Lam pick Escaré??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Why doesn’t Lam pick Escaré??

Post by ancientnloyal »

I think Morgan would get a gig elsewhere next season no problem, be it in Toulouse or another SL club.

The rumour sticks with that night with Hamlin, despite what he says privately To some but it cannot be proved it seems.

I’d still remain professional, train and take the £££ though, but if he missed training that’s not on... what if we had an injury or two during warm up or Friday Morning
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I like Morgan hes a crowd pleaser. For me though Lam got this one spot on. Going forward for me Sarge is better at 1 than left centre and on a different planet to when he plays right, I would even go on and say he plays better in our structure than Zak from one, he comes over to that left edge as the extra option much more naturally and with our left edge being a major threat that helps us.
The other thing is Hanks improving all the time he deleted Hurrel as well as any player has this year. The other thing was the place kicking for me was the difference from a loss to a win.
Sammut in hindsight I'm sure Lam would have gone with Byrne on the bench. For me even though he didn't play without that hindsight Sammut was the right choice. If we had needed a change to get us back he was there.
Clubb played well tonight longer minutes just grafted if he keeps that up no problem with his new contract .
When Greenwood and Zak are back in squad Lam needs to make some strong choices. Smities is looking like a player for me and that bench spots his. I know hes small but Isa to prop big minutes hardley ever misses a tackle, will not bust many gaps but takes it in all day for hard yards. Lockers was ok first spell but second half could have cost us the game. Maybe shorter spells from prop is the answer. Zak, Hank, Faz Greenwood and Sarge is the big one. Faz needs to play his experience and engine are huge. If Greenwood stays left
I really would consider Faz at 13. Hank at right second row, Zak right centre and Sarge at one. That gives us Clubb, Lockers Isa and Bullock as props smithies on bench. I would have Samut at 7. Lulu/Powel at 9 and bench. You have to play to your strength as a squad. Hank now needs to play for me he's naturally comfortable on the right and his kicking looks the best we have he's got good D . Faz better left than right, so middle allows us to get more rather than less from.him.
Sarge better at 1 than centre. Zak again naturally right sided. Zak and Hank both decent units as well balances the team for me.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:47 pm
ddtftf wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 pm Talking to some one connected to the club and i am informed Escare has a bad attitude to training and did not turn up this week to train so reason not picked & was a good close friend of the Hammer
Not that i condone players not turning up to training but if you where Escare and no matter what you did you aren't getting played then why bother.

Its not just the not playing they arnt even putting him out on lone they are just destroying his career by keeping him on the books and not playing him anywhere.
Do you have any inside info about the club not letting him go on loan? It’s not as easy as “a players out of favour, he can go on loan.”

Which club is interested in him?

Lam didn’t sign Escare. These things happen when new coaches join. Look at Man Utd over the last few highest. Lots of coaches coming in and out. Some players remain and some get frozen out. It’s no different here.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 am Wigan coach Adrian Lam:

"It's a really important win. There was a fair bit of pressure on us and the players understood that. We knew it would go down to the wire so we prepped for that.

"I'm pretty proud of the team. To be able to win these tight games at this time of the year is credit to the players.

"The first half, bar the last error, was probably our best of the season. It was more like the team we wanted to be.

"Morgan Escare should have been in there but we needed a goalkicker and Chris Hankinson is probably our best one-on-one defender as well."

now i would have been perfectly happy with that reason if we hadn't put Sammut on the bench and not used him 😂
Hankinson played centre though not FB.

Lam thinks Hankinson at Centre at Sarge at FB is overall stronger than Sarge at Centre and Escare at FB.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ancientnloyal wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:57 am I think Morgan would get a gig elsewhere next season no problem, be it in Toulouse or another SL club.

The rumour sticks with that night with Hamlin, despite what he says privately To some but it cannot be proved it seems.

I’d still remain professional, train and take the £££ though, but if he missed training that’s not on... what if we had an injury or two during warm up or Friday Morning
What is the rumour ?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 am I like Morgan hes a crowd pleaser. For me though Lam got this one spot on. Going forward for me Sarge is better at 1 than left centre and on a different planet to when he plays right, I would even go on and say he plays better in our structure than Zak from one, he comes over to that left edge as the extra option much more naturally and with our left edge being a major threat that helps us.
The other thing is Hanks improving all the time he deleted Hurrel as well as any player has this year. The other thing was the place kicking for me was the difference from a loss to a win.
Sammut in hindsight I'm sure Lam would have gone with Byrne on the bench. For me even though he didn't play without that hindsight Sammut was the right choice. If we had needed a change to get us back he was there.
Clubb played well tonight longer minutes just grafted if he keeps that up no problem with his new contract .
When Greenwood and Zak are back in squad Lam needs to make some strong choices. Smities is looking like a player for me and that bench spots his. I know hes small but Isa to prop big minutes hardley ever misses a tackle, will not bust many gaps but takes it in all day for hard yards. Lockers was ok first spell but second half could have cost us the game. Maybe shorter spells from prop is the answer. Zak, Hank, Faz Greenwood and Sarge is the big one. Faz needs to play his experience and engine are huge. If Greenwood stays left
I really would consider Faz at 13. Hank at right second row, Zak right centre and Sarge at one. That gives us Clubb, Lockers Isa and Bullock as props smithies on bench. I would have Samut at 7. Lulu/Powel at 9 and bench. You have to play to your strength as a squad. Hank now needs to play for me he's naturally comfortable on the right and his kicking looks the best we have he's got good D . Faz better left than right, so middle allows us to get more rather than less from.him.
Sarge better at 1 than centre. Zak again naturally right sided. Zak and Hank both decent units as well balances the team for me.
Good call and good post
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:58 am
Caboosegg wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:34 am Wigan coach Adrian Lam:

"It's a really important win. There was a fair bit of pressure on us and the players understood that. We knew it would go down to the wire so we prepped for that.

"I'm pretty proud of the team. To be able to win these tight games at this time of the year is credit to the players.

"The first half, bar the last error, was probably our best of the season. It was more like the team we wanted to be.

"Morgan Escare should have been in there but we needed a goalkicker and Chris Hankinson is probably our best one-on-one defender as well."

now i would have been perfectly happy with that reason if we hadn't put Sammut on the bench and not used him 😂
Hankinson played centre though not FB.

Lam thinks Hankinson at Centre at Sarge at FB is overall stronger than Sarge at Centre and Escare at FB.
But is it as strong as Hankinson at centre and Escare at fullback?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:47 pm
ddtftf wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:29 pm Talking to some one connected to the club and i am informed Escare has a bad attitude to training and did not turn up this week to train so reason not picked & was a good close friend of the Hammer
Not that i condone players not turning up to training but if you where Escare and no matter what you did you aren't getting played then why bother.

Its not just the not playing they arnt even putting him out on lone they are just destroying his career by keeping him on the books and not playing him anywhere.
the club shouldnt bother paying him then
Superb Chops

Post by Superb Chops »

lucky 13 wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 am I really would consider Faz at 13. Hank at right second row, Zak right centre and Sarge at one.
This is a good post.

With regards to this suggestion, for next season how about Faz at 13, Greenwood down left-second row, Hankinson at right centre, Sarginson at full-back (if he re-signs) and Hardaker replacing a departing-Williams at stand-off?

With, hopefully, a new scrum-half signed we would still have Sammut, Smith and Shorrocks to cover halves and may be also to stomach O'Loughlin, Leulai and Escare not going around again.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I wouldnt even consider hardaker as a six...... hes hardly created anything as a fullback........ centre yes
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE