Let’s be honest

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Caboosegg

Re: Let’s be honest

Post by Caboosegg »

nathan_rugby wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:34 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:53 pm Is Lam a poor coach? Are our team not good enough? Or is it a bit of both? Personally, I think that a top coach would get more out of our team, but the players we have don’t have the quality to compete for trophies.
Problem is, regardless of squad and injuries, I haven't noticed one bit of change.
I have we offload alot more.

Sadly these are 90% of the time blind offloads with no back up.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think the results over the weekend haven't cleared us of relegation danger

Leeds were as poor as ive seen them and i cant help feeling they will click soon and get some results. London and KR i suspect will be the ones to battle to go down but we arent clear of that risk yet
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Mickw wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:56 am Tell me a coach who could get this lot anywhere near the top 5.
While I agree this is a bang average set of players it’s the comps fault that even given Wigan’s dire form for most of the season they’re still even in with a shout of the top 5,Lam isn’t the man for the job either but this set of players can play one way only,now I admit it has been very successful in the past but at the moment it is what it is
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:20 am We need to get a top coach in, and then we will see how good we can be. Lam was never our first choice, and has clearly failed to create any sort of structure in 20 games. More than long enough to show he is out of his depth.
Really, I doubt John Monie in his heyday could have created structure with the amount of injuries we've had
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

Just read on sky sports about Lam saying with players at his disposal it’s the best rugby we’ve produced this season.
I’m hoping he means that when all his players are back we will produce even better rugby.
As I thought our attack was awful a lot of the times the other night