Wigan Warriors' Dan Sarginson set for move to Super League rivals

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Wigan Warriors' Dan Sarginson set for move to Super League rivals

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:39 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:50 am For what it's worth, Escare was outstanding for us in the end of season play-offs and run in to the Grand Final, when we won our last dozen or so matches, in virtual knock out scenarios.
it wasn't just his switching with Sam either, because Sam was out injured for a number of those matches.
He's not the best in the world, nor anything like the worst but every time gives his all and has the x-factor which can determine a match.
I can't think of any game where he's actually cost us ! Just needs a fair chance, whether here or elsewhere, which he hasn't really had in 2019.
This is my view as well and its amazing how quickly what the none star players do for us is forgotten.

Its was Faz early but you only have to watch the leeds match to see his importance.
You can't put Faz in the same bracket as Escare. Faz is one of our two first choice second rows alongside Greenwood. Escare has never been first choice full back ever since he arrived under Wane as well as Lam.

When Faz got injured I for one knew it would cost us. I said before the season started we had issues if Greenwood or Faz got injured. I can't remember the last game the pair of them played together but if both are fit, both will play in the second row in front of the "non star" players like Isa or any of the junior players.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

DaveO wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:12 pm
Nezza Faz wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:50 am For what it's worth, Escare was outstanding for us in the end of season play-offs and run in to the Grand Final, when we won our last dozen or so matches, in virtual knock out scenarios.
it wasn't just his switching with Sam either, because Sam was out injured for a number of those matches.
He's not the best in the world, nor anything like the worst but every time gives his all and has the x-factor which can determine a match.
I can't think of any game where he's actually cost us ! Just needs a fair chance, whether here or elsewhere, which he hasn't really had in 2019.
This is my view as well and its amazing how quickly what the none star players do for us is forgotten.

Its was Faz early but you only have to watch the leeds match to see his importance.
You can't put Faz in the same bracket as Escare. Faz is one of our two first choice second rows alongside Greenwood. Escare has never been first choice full back ever since he arrived under Wane as well as Lam.

When Faz got injured I for one knew it would cost us. I said before the season started we had issues if Greenwood or Faz got injured. I can't remember the last game the pair of them played together but if both are fit, both will play in the second row in front of the "non star" players like Isa or any of the junior players.
Im not, what im saying is people at of the start of the season where ripping into faz saying he adds nothing is to small etc. Quickly forgetting how good of a ayer he was.

The comparison stands as its about how fans forget quickly what a player has done not if they are first choice or not.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:44 pm

Im not, what im saying is people at of the start of the season where ripping into faz saying he adds nothing is to small etc. Quickly forgetting how good of a ayer he was.

The comparison stands as its about how fans forget quickly what a player has done not if they are first choice or not.
I am not convinced people had forgotten how good a player Faz is. There was talk of him not being suited to playing on the right when he was fit due to Greenwood taking over on the left but that is a different discussion.

As to Escare, for me it's not that they have forgotten how good a player it is but the opposite. He's never been as good as many seem to think. In his case absence certainly seems to have made the heart grow fonder for many ;)
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:03 am
Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:44 pm

I am not convinced people had forgotten how good a player Faz is. There was talk of him not being suited to playing on the right when he was fit due to Greenwood taking over on the left but that is a different discussion.

As to Escare, for me it's not that they have forgotten how good a player it is but the opposite. He's never been as good as many seem to think. In his case absence certainly seems to have made the heart grow fonder for many ;)
I’m with you Dave,I really,really don’t understand the wholesale adulation regarding Escare,