Can we finish in the Top 5?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Will we make the top 5??

Poll ended at Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Yes
25
69%
No
11
31%
 
Total votes: 36

ancientnloyal
Posts: 13858
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:33 pm

Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by ancientnloyal » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:45 pm

We are, somehow, only 2 points off fifth so can miracles happen?

And what a story if we are GF winners!
Started a Cycling Blog 👉🏻 https://cyclespeyk.blogspot.com have a read

medlocke
Posts: 8160
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:57 am
Contact:

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by medlocke » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:25 pm

If we make it to the GF and win it does that mean Lam is a good coach and certain fans will admit it and praise him :D

morley pie eater
Posts: 1391
Joined: Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 pm

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by morley pie eater » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:27 pm

Yes, we can finish 5th or even 4th. From memory, we've won 5 of our last 7 league games, whilst teams like Wakefield, Salford and Cas are fading after good starts.

What chance of us getting to GF? 1000 to 1 at best.

Exiled Wiganer
Posts: 1887
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:18 pm

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by Exiled Wiganer » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:48 pm

If we win the GF under Lam, I would be delighted, and would certainly put my hand up and admit I was completely wrong. However, anyone who detects a coach knowing what he is doing hasn’t been paying attention.

User avatar
Mike
Site Admin
Posts: 5325
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:54 pm
Contact:

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by Mike » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:13 am

Win the next three and yes, we could make 5th. Lose 1 and we're round 6th to 8th, Lose 2 and we're in the relegation battle.

bertina
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:29 pm

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by bertina » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:13 am

morley pie eater wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:27 pm
Yes, we can finish 5th or even 4th. From memory, we've won 5 of our last 7 league games, whilst teams like Wakefield, Salford and Cas are fading after good starts.

What chance of us getting to GF? 1000 to 1 at best.
Hardly 1000/1 Morley. bookies are only offering between 12/1 and 14/1 for us to win it. !!!

fozzieskem
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by fozzieskem » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 am

I suppose this is what the powers that be want an open competition but let’s be fair Wigan’s form and performance all season it’d be a travesty if they made the top 5 let alone win the GF

jao711
Posts: 437
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:36 pm

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by jao711 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am

fozzieskem wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 am
I suppose this is what the powers that be want an open competition but let’s be fair Wigan’s form and performance all season it’d be a travesty if they made the top 5 let alone win the GF
Would it be a travesty if Cas Make the top 5 having so far won one more game than Wigan,or even Catalan both showing patchy form.If you get enough points you deserve the place.

fozzieskem
Posts: 2816
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 10:54 am

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by fozzieskem » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:50 am

jao711 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am
fozzieskem wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 am
I suppose this is what the powers that be want an open competition but let’s be fair Wigan’s form and performance all season it’d be a travesty if they made the top 5 let alone win the GF
Would it be a travesty if Cas Make the top 5 having so far won one more game than Wigan,or even Catalan both showing patchy form.If you get enough points you deserve the place.
Is that down to the comp it’s self,I think the standard across the board has been abysmal,no beginnings? don’t make me laugh

Nezza Faz
Posts: 1429
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by Nezza Faz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:00 am

fozzieskem wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:50 am
jao711 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:14 am
fozzieskem wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:59 am
I suppose this is what the powers that be want an open competition but let’s be fair Wigan’s form and performance all season it’d be a travesty if they made the top 5 let alone win the GF
Would it be a travesty if Cas Make the top 5 having so far won one more game than Wigan,or even Catalan both showing patchy form.If you get enough points you deserve the place.
Is that down to the comp it’s self,I think the standard across the board has been abysmal,no beginnings? don’t make me laugh
The same standard that the NRL are pilloring our ranks for across the comp with a record number of SL players plying their trade over there ! And that's on top of some players who choose to stay here.
A record number of League coaches being poached by the rival code, to spice up their game is not an indication our game is "abysmal".
I think some League fans really excel in decrying the very sport they are supposed to love; I've never heard union fans criticize or chastise their game like some on here do.
I took a friend, Liverpool supporter, to a game at the DW last season and he said he couldn't understand all the wingeing from people throughout the 80 !!
Just go with your mates/family, have a pint and enjoy it. It won't kill you.

Post Reply