Can we finish in the Top 5?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.

Will we make the top 5??

Poll ended at Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:45 pm

Yes
69%
No
31%

Total votes: 36

morley pie eater

Re: Can we finish in the Top 5?

Post by morley pie eater »

All of a sudden it's looking a lot more likely. Judging by Cats' performance against Hull, 4th and 5th are wide open.

I'm not convinced by our play, but results suggest we probably will make the play-offs - maybe a reflection of the inconsistency of others?
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

I hope we can finish in the top 5. As for winning the GF, I would love to, but I think it may too much to ask for. Here's hoping.
doc

Post by doc »

Win on Friday against Salford and we should be 4th.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

doc wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:00 pm Win on Friday against Salford and we should be 4th.
If that doesnt tell you superleague is near death i dont know what will
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Like many I’ve been a critic this season and rightly so, but I think a bit of positivity is needed now because at the end of the day we could still be in with a chance of winning a title, and that’s what Wigan is about.

Shall reserve my pessimism for the off-season

COME ON WIGAN!!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

ancientnloyal wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:55 am Like many I’ve been a critic this season and rightly so, but I think a bit of positivity is needed now because at the end of the day we could still be in with a chance of winning a title, and that’s what Wigan is about.

COME ON WIGAN!!
Thing is i really want to be positive about things but i just feel completely short changed by rugby league at present

Wigan have been awful this season barring a couple of ok displays and narrow wins. in fact only 2 teams have been any good this season really and thats Saints and Wire. 3rd and 4th place in the league have negative points differences.

The standard is rock bottom - the league has got closer but by the top teams coming down to the bottom teams level.

Im sick of teams being awful for 60-70% of the season but still being crowned champions

Maybe its just me but for me ive never been less in love with this club or the game
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:03 am
ancientnloyal wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:55 am Like many I’ve been a critic this season and rightly so, but I think a bit of positivity is needed now because at the end of the day we could still be in with a chance of winning a title, and that’s what Wigan is about.

COME ON WIGAN!!
Thing is i really want to be positive about things but i just feel completely short changed by rugby league at present

Wigan have been awful this season barring a couple of ok displays and narrow wins. in fact only 2 teams have been any good this season really and thats Saints and Wire. 3rd and 4th place in the league have negative points differences.

The standard is rock bottom - the league has got closer but by the top teams coming down to the bottom teams level.

Im sick of teams being awful for 60-70% of the season but still being crowned champions

Maybe its just me but for me ive never been less in love with this club or the game
It’s not just you..had a couple of weeks of not going and it’s been great not watched many games on tv either,the simple truth is the standard barring Saints has been woeful this season.

Wigan so far this season have been a shambles yet here we are they’re in with a chance of the top 5 it makes a mockery of the sport that,as you say Wigan are in with a chance of the GF.

The sport is on its knees baron the exodus to the NRL and union needing a few proper rugby types to get their game flowing again.

I see little Bobby Elstone from SL issuing a proclamation about “wanting the best players in the world here” or some such nonsense,well it’s time the gang of 12 chairman to pony up and PAY PLAYERS more,scrap or increase the cap,stop living in the past players who are offered decent money I’m sure will find a “challenge” here if they’re offered more than bloody pin money that they’re expected to play for.
Wigan_forever1985

fozzieskem wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:57 am

COME ON WIGAN!!

It’s not just you..had a couple of weeks of not going and it’s been great not watched many games on tv either,the simple truth is the standard barring Saints has been woeful this season.

Wigan so far this season have been a shambles yet here we are they’re in with a chance of the top 5 it makes a mockery of the sport that,as you say Wigan are in with a chance of the GF.

The sport is on its knees baron the exodus to the NRL and union needing a few proper rugby types to get their game flowing again.

I see little Bobby Elstone from SL issuing a proclamation about “wanting the best players in the world here” or some such nonsense,well it’s time the gang of 12 chairman to pony up and PAY PLAYERS more,scrap or increase the cap,stop living in the past players who are offered decent money I’m sure will find a “challenge” here if they’re offered more than bloody pin money that they’re expected to play for.
I agree

I think the sport is in real crisis and personally i think weve got to turn the life support off and see what happens because currently its turning hardcore fans off in droves.

Its like its become one of those series on TV you only watch because youve watched the previous 5-6 series but you know its rubbish now and out of loyalty you sit through it
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:07 am

I agree

I think the sport is in real crisis and personally i think weve got to turn the life support off and see what happens because currently its turning hardcore fans off in droves.

Its like its become one of those series on TV you only watch because youve watched the previous 5-6 series but you know its rubbish now and out of loyalty you sit through it

I think this season has been pretty interesting. Maybe we'll even hit some form in the later part. Some good games and lots where you don't know who's going to win before the match starts. If we can drag Saints and Wire into the pack that would be great, but the top of the table is a bit boring this year.

Looking forward to going to Toronto next season already!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Mike wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:46 pm
Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:07 am

I agree

I think this season has been pretty interesting. Maybe we'll even hit some form in the later part. Some good games and lots where you don't know who's going to win before the match starts. If we can drag Saints and Wire into the pack that would be great, but the top of the table is a bit boring this year.

Looking forward to going to Toronto next season already!
Leeds fans are looking forward to going to Batley and Dewsbury - at least they won't have to save up :lol: :lol: :lol:
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐