Fans Village at Robin Park

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: Fans Village at Robin Park

Post by Nezza Faz »

They can't even get mainstream advertising correct, sorry no link but their poster up in Aspull had the match down for Saturday. That was a week ago, no idea unfortunately, if they amended that major cock-up ?
That's just basics, I'm afraid and speaks volumes to where our Marketing is at currently.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

So was this well attended? I must admit, I tend to get to the ground, have a little mooch about outside for 20 mins or so then head inside fairly early to get a pie and a pint then head to our seats (I usually go with my Dad) and see the regulars, watch the ground fill up and watch the warm ups. I've never really considered doing anything other than that, it's just how weve always done it at the DW. I must admit though, the service inside the ground is getting worse and worse. Even when it's not busy.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I thought being a nice night I would go to ground a bit earlier and take granddaughter to the fans village what a let down nothing there other than a few soldiers with a launcher overpriced ice cream van £2.50 ice lolly. a bar with one man behind outside bar with 1 set of ram shackled beer pumps with only lager on sale at £4 pint. Not being funny but who organises this wants to look for another job because a child could organise more at a birthday party. Even basic organisational and promotional work was a shambles. wont be doing it again it was that poor was laughable but not surprising.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:33 pm I thought being a nice night I would go to ground a bit earlier and take granddaughter to the fans village what a let down nothing there other than a few soldiers with a launcher overpriced ice cream van £2.50 ice lolly. a bar with one man behind outside bar with 1 set of ram shackled beer pumps with only lager on sale at £4 pint. Not being funny but who organises this wants to look for another job because a child could organise more at a birthday party. Even basic organisational and promotional work was a shambles. wont be doing it again it was that poor was laughable but not surprising.
Yep was crap. It won’t last.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:33 pm I thought being a nice night I would go to ground a bit earlier and take granddaughter to the fans village what a let down nothing there other than a few soldiers with a launcher overpriced ice cream van £2.50 ice lolly. a bar with one man behind outside bar with 1 set of ram shackled beer pumps with only lager on sale at £4 pint. Not being funny but who organises this wants to look for another job because a child could organise more at a birthday party. Even basic organisational and promotional work was a shambles. wont be doing it again it was that poor was laughable but not surprising.
I took my 7 year old daughter to the WCC match. We got in the ground as the turnstiles opened, had a pie and then went towards our seats. We were in the west stand and she loved watching all the interviews pitch side and all the other bits and pieces. The west stand is great for that as you have loads of room and can stand pitchside
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

One advert on the electronic advertising board along the front of the East Stand on Friday was inviting fans to pre order the Milwaukee replica strip for magic weekend . Must have been there for the last home game and never taken off or changed .

The administration and promotion of all things Wigan never fails to amaze. Really pretty amateurish.

Regards EW
2002 and EW is hooked
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

They never made anywhere near enough barce shirts(which a lot of people wanted)...... they then expected us to buy the milwaukee shirt...... come on wigan must do better
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE