Fans Village at Robin Park

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Fans Village at Robin Park

Post by josie andrews »

The Fans Village will be open at the next home game v Salford & it will be situated in Robin Park & will hopefully kick on for the home games

All the monies spent at the village will go back into Wigan Warriors & not the football club! So get down & support our club 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
DaveO

Re: Fans Village at Robin Park

Post by DaveO »

People are lazy (I include myself in this accusation!) and I don’t expect the queues outside the food and beverage kiosks to be much less than usual. Even if they are v Salford once the novelty has worn off that is what I expect.

Nice idea but lots of people turn up just a short time before kick off as what they are interested in is the game.
pedro

Post by pedro »

we will use it aslong as the queues arent massive and its a good atmosphere
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

pedro wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:46 pm we will use it aslong as the queues arent massive and its a good atmosphere
It need the fans to get along and support it
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pedro wrote:we will use it aslong as the queues arent massive and its a good atmosphere
I’d have to set off even early to do so putting me smack in the middle of rush hour traffic.

While it is a nice idea for local fans I think the whole idea of pre match entertainment is a very hard sell. I can’t remember any at Central Park! The main event is the game and while I can understand the club wanting to nick sales off the DW for pre match pies it’s competing against the convenience of the concourse outlets in the DW itself.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

All the money will go back to IL who will then spend some of it on crap championship players
moto748

Post by moto748 »

old hooker wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 pm All the money will go back to IL who will then spend some of it on crap championship players
I don't know how I'd manage without the daily doses of sunshine you bring to the forum.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:01 pm
pedro wrote:we will use it aslong as the queues arent massive and its a good atmosphere
I’d have to set off even early to do so putting me smack in the middle of rush hour traffic.

While it is a nice idea for local fans I think the whole idea of pre match entertainment is a very hard sell. I can’t remember any at Central Park! The main event is the game and while I can understand the club wanting to nick sales off the DW for pre match pies it’s competing against the convenience of the concourse outlets in the DW itself.
I think it's instead of fans going in the south stand bar pre game
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

josie andrews wrote:

In that case fair enough but will the south stand bar be shut? I think they need to shut it to encourage the use of Robin Park.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:32 pm
josie andrews wrote:

In that case fair enough but will the south stand bar be shut? I think they need to shut it to encourage the use of Robin Park.
I agree but also for after the game also. I go in the south stand bar pre & after the game, the latter to let the traffic die down.