Fans Village at Robin Park

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
old hooker

Re: Fans Village at Robin Park

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:11 pm
old hooker wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:04 pm All the money will go back to IL who will then spend some of it on crap championship players
I don't know how I'd manage without the daily doses of sunshine you bring to the forum.
im so glad you are entertained but it is true and you know it
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

I'd rather the money go to the rugby club than whoever's running the stadium, I've never spent a single penny inside of that ground in 20 years.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

I'm sure they've done this before for certain games but if it's going to become a permanent fixture then it's a good idea.

Hopefully we'll see more money going back to the club. I'm assuming the rent at the DW if fixed? If not then surely there's the risk of the rent being raised to offset any losses from not selling as much food in the ground.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

EagleEyePie wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 am I'm sure they've done this before for certain games but if it's going to become a permanent fixture then it's a good idea.

Hopefully we'll see more money going back to the club. I'm assuming the rent at the DW if fixed? If not then surely there's the risk of the rent being raised to offset any losses from not selling as much food in the ground.
It is fixed it is 10% of our gate money. I hope the Fans Village is a success and it generates money for the club. I hate it when we put money into football clubs at the expense of rugby league, the semi-finals at Bolton being a prime example.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jao711

Post by jao711 »

The usual naysayers but the idea is right just as long as it is done properly.Decent beer and reasonable prices.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It’s a positive thing. It won’t be for everyone but will be more accessible than the SS Bar. There should really be no issues with this news tbh.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Sounds good to me. I like the idea of knowing that any money spent goes to the club. I'll be there next Friday.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This is ridiculous advertising of this event! No wonder it's never a roaring success when it's only advertised the day before the actual event 😡

Fan village returns

Soak up the pre-match atmosphere in the Wigan Fan Village in the run up to Friday’s home game vs Salford

Enjoy live music, big screen entertainment, Wigan player interviews, food and drink stalls and much more

Added Arms Forces Day activities on offer including a inflatable assault course and weapon displays
The Wigan Warriors fan village returns this Friday and it’s bigger and better than ever. Find out what fun is in store in the build up to kick off!

Taking place at the Robin Park Arena, positioned directly behind the DW Stadium’s South Stand, a whole host of activities will get Wigan fans blood pumping from two hours before (5:45pm onwards) the Warriors face Salford Red Devils at 7:45pm.

Hosting the fan village will be the Wish FM stage, with live music, interviews with Wigan Warriors players (Tom Davies & Dan Sarginson) and more.

There will also be plenty of delicious food and drink stalls available for fans to indulge on, including a fully licensed bar.

This week the Club is hosting an annual Armed Forces Day celebration, meaning there will be extra military activities for all the family to explore, including an assault course and weapons display.

The first team game won’t be the only rugby league on show either, with both School games and a Wigan Warriors PDRL training session on the Robin Park Arena pitch in the build up to the Betfred Super League clash at the DW Stadium.

Wigan and Salford have already had some exciting battles this season, and you can catch highlights of those games and more by watching the fan village Big Screen while relaxing on the picnic tables and deck chairs available to fans.

Fan Village activities in full:

Wish FM Stage: featuring live music, player interviews (Tom Davies & Dan Sarginson from 6:15pm) and more

Errea Passing Challenge: Always fancied yourself skilful with a rugby ball in hand? Test out your ability with the Errea Passing Challenge

Big Screen: Sit back and watch highlights from Wigan’s past encounters with Salford Red Devils on our big screen

Inflatable Military Assault Course: Test your agility and fitness on the fun assault course.

Military simulator challenge: If you’re brave enough, test your metal at firing an Anti tank missile with this exciting simulator

Military weapons display (including Royal artillery gun)

Warriors Girls: Cheerleader performance
Rugby activities on Friday:
4-6pm: Schools Rugby League

6-7pm PDRL Open Training Session
Tickets for this Betfred Super League clash are still available by visiting the DW Stadium ticket office, calling 101942 311111 or by heading to our new ticketing website - https://wigan-warriors.talent-sport.co.uk/

Armed Forces Members are entitled to a free ticket to the game, for more information click HERE

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... kIv1Y7q.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

God knows what's happened to advertising these things. IL should be all over his marketing department with a great big cosh. It's pathetic.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

They genuinely seem to have made an effort but for Christ sake advertise it better,people aren’t psychic tell them and they will come to this sort of thing