Adrian Lam unsure who is Wigan Warriors' No.1 goal-kicker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Re: Adrian Lam unsure who is Wigan Warriors' No.1 goal-kicker

Post by southportcdm »

Hanky would seem to have done enough to keep his place on Friday. He's not had a consistent run at centre since we signed him so let's see what he can do. I'd thought that most players need five or six games in a row in a 'new team' before they feel comfortable. I'm sure another week or so wouldn't hurt Dan bearing in mind he's been carrying injuries. We know he's leaving next season and it's not as if he's a world class centre so we should favour Hanky for now.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Mike wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:03 pm
adiddy wrote:This what really p€$ses me off about Lam.............the absolute rubbish he spouts. Like already stated, if he can't see that Hankinson is a better kicker than Zak and an over all better centre than sarge then maybe rugby league is not his vocation!!!!!

Matt
Is he a better center? He's only played 2 games in the position so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Fair dinkum, I'll word it differently, Hankinson is a naturally right sided centre who in the few games he has played has shown to be defensively more astute than Sarge and looks able to promote the ball on to his winger, he has a great step and fend . In addition to this he is also a competent goal kicker. For these reasons IMO he should be given the starting spot to improve and to continue to show us what he can do. Also and more importantly he hasn't done anything to deserve to be dropped.

Matt
bertina

Post by bertina »

southportcdm wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:27 am Hanky would seem to have done enough to keep his place on Friday. He's not had a consistent run at centre since we signed him so let's see what he can do. I'd thought that most players need five or six games in a row in a 'new team' before they feel comfortable. I'm sure another week or so wouldn't hurt Dan bearing in mind he's been carrying injuries. We know he's leaving next season and it's not as if he's a world class centre so we should favour Hanky for now.
Makes perfect sense to me.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

During his first stint Sarginson scored 27 tries and 0 Goals in 81 appearances (2014-16)
While Hankinson was at Barrow he scored 23 tries and 110 goals in 48 appearances (2015-16)

Make of it what you will but the fact is Hanky offers 2 things that Sarge doesn't know how to do

1. Kicking
2. Passing

A Center who doesn't know how or when to pass is about as much use as Stevie Wonder in an I Spy competition