Adrian Lam unsure who is Wigan Warriors' No.1 goal-kicker

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Adrian Lam unsure who is Wigan Warriors' No.1 goal-kicker

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam admits he isn’t sure if Zak Hardaker is still his first-choice goal-kicker.

The full-back is in danger of losing the role to Chris Hankinson following his starring role with the tee over the last two weeks.

Centre Hankinson kicked a perfect five from five at Leeds and backed that up with seven goals from nine in the 38-22 win at Huddersfield.

Hardaker, who has struck 45 from 59 for a strike rate of 76 per cent this season, played last Friday but didn’t kick as he was returning from a hamstring injury.

Asked whether the full-back was still his No.1 kicker, Lam candidly replied: “Well, I’m not sure.

"I’m not sure – if he’s not, we have to find a place for Hankinson in the team.

“Dan Sarginson’s back (available) this week, and it’s the first time this year I’ve had a headache in terms of who’s going to play where with the backs.”

Lam felt Wigan could have scored even more points at Huddersfield, with winger Joe Burgess squandering a couple of chances.

“It probably wasn’t Joe’s best game, to be fair,” said Lam. “But he was turning up on in those situations – it’s like a striker, missing the goal but being in the right place to hit the ball.”

He will discover today whether any players have been cited by the RFL’s match review panel for the mass melee which saw Willie Isa sinbinned.

Wigan host Salford on Friday night knowing victory would send them fourth, at least until Catalans' game at Leeds on Sunday.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/adrian ... -1-9837590
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Adrian Lam unsure who is Wigan Warriors' No.1 goal-kicker

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam admits he isn’t sure if Zak Hardaker is still his first-choice goal-kicker
🤔🤔

Well on the last two games, I know who I & the majority of fans I've spoke to definitely know who it is & it's not Hardaker!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:08 am
Adrian Lam admits he isn’t sure if Zak Hardaker is still his first-choice goal-kicker
🤔🤔

Well on the last two games, I know who I & the majority of fans I've spoke to definitely know who it is & it's not Hardaker!!!
He needs to give his head a shake!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Pretty obvious that its Hank
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
pearsy

Post by pearsy »

If he does not know after the last two games.I think he needs to reconsider his position at the club
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The article says Hardaker didn't kick due to his hamstring. Well that doesn't wash!
Hardaker was kicking the penalties to touch and gaining massive meters with long range kicks. There didn't seem to be much wrong with his hamstring or anything else.
Maybe it's just that Lam hasn't yet told Zac that he isn't number one goal kicker. He has to tell Zac he's number two, a very good number two, but number two never the less.
I'd have thought that after Friday night Zac would have worked it out for himself.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

pearsy wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:53 am If he does not know after the last two games.I think he needs to reconsider his
vocation
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

This what really p€$ses me off about Lam.............the absolute rubbish he spouts. Like already stated, if he can't see that Hankinson is a better kicker than Zak and an over all better centre than sarge then maybe rugby league is not his vocation!!!!!

Matt
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

adiddy wrote:This what really p€$ses me off about Lam.............the absolute rubbish he spouts. Like already stated, if he can't see that Hankinson is a better kicker than Zak and an over all better centre than sarge then maybe rugby league is not his vocation!!!!!

Matt
Is he a better center? He's only played 2 games in the position so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike wrote:
adiddy wrote:This what really p€$ses me off about Lam.............the absolute rubbish he spouts. Like already stated, if he can't see that Hankinson is a better kicker than Zak and an over all better centre than sarge then maybe rugby league is not his vocation!!!!!

Matt
Is he a better center? He's only played 2 games in the position.
Look at it the other way around. Sarge has played umpteen games at centre and has categorically proved he isn’t one. Doesn’t mean Hankinson is any better but it’s a reason to give him a run and see if he is.