Tautai gone!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Woody1989

Wigan to bring Clark in early?

Post by Woody1989 »

https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/of ... ossip-169/

Wouldn't be a bad idea, not sure if Cas would agree to it though.
jao711

Re: Tautai gone!

Post by jao711 »

I read two pages of This sanctimonious crap and that was enough.I’m on my holidays for petes sake.Some of you should post on Redvee they like the moral high ground.You might fit in well there.
SJ

Post by SJ »

jao711 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 pm I read two pages of This sanctimonious crap and that was enough.I’m on my holidays for petes sake.Some of you should post on Redvee they like the moral high ground.You might fit in well there.
I don't think fans need you to encourage recruitment to Red Vee web site the way the Warriors play at the moment. Jao711 the team are doing that OK 😉🐢🍇
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:42 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:11 pm Cas had no problem picking him before he signed for us, and he would clearly bring something extra to our squad.

Never started a game for them before or after he signed was also sent out on loan for 11 games last season.

Im not saying he is a bad player but rads comment was utterly ridiculous and an insult to Wigan fans
It’s on par with the usual nonsense he comes out with to be honest
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote:
DaveO wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:05 pm
fozzieskem wrote: No he wasn't but rather hes gone on his own terms it seems to me.
I am now pretty convinced after doing some digging he was in no danger of immediate deportation.

He’s gone because he and the club mutually agreed it? So what did the club want to happen? If he’d wanted to see his contract out would they have sacked him? I am still no clearer on the clubs attitude to such behaviour.
I think,with respect you’re looking for reasons to slam the club,when if he wasn’t (and I suspect they would know by now about his visa and it’s chances of being renewed)and had gotten word it was over he and the club looked to find a way out that all concerned cane away looking ok.

Now that said the statement was brief and left a lot open to discussion (I swear the club don’t understand social media,this sort of thing is manna from heaven for it),it could have spun the story out a bit rather than the bare bones they released.

There should I agree be a hard and fast rule at the club over drink driving,one strike and your out for me,no matter who you are,if you can’t afford a taxi after a night on the pop then walk I know I always did.
No I am not looking for an excuse to bask the club. I genuinely do not understand what the clubs attitude is to such issues.

I don’t think it’s an amateurish approach to social media either as I don’t see what social media has to do with it.

The club said he’s left due to mutual agreement. So if as someone else posted the players got the riot act read to them over Mullen, why wasn’t TT just sacked?

All the niceties about thinking him for he time here and him thanking the club for letting him leave, I mean WTF is that all about?

He’s leaving because he done for DUI. Who’s idea was it that he left? The clubs as a disciplinary measure? Well say so to help the rebuild clubs reputation.

The club doesn’t owe him anything such that it needs to come out with what it did.

I get it that he supposed to be a great bloke but the club needs to improve its reputation.

As others have said we have had several players have have committed drink related offences and each one has been treated differently with arguably the worst getting off Scott free as he was our star signing.

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

jao711 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:08 pm I read two pages of This sanctimonious crap and that was enough.I’m on my holidays for petes sake.Some of you should post on Redvee they like the moral high ground.You might fit in well there.
So no one should post anything you disagree with because your on your holidays? Oh dear sorry youve been upset. :D
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

old hooker wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:47 am
So no one should post anything you disagree with because your on your holidays? Oh dear sorry youve been upset. :D
Why would he/she come on here whilst on their holidays? It’s meant to be a happy time 😂
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:13 am
fozzieskem wrote:
DaveO wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:05 pm

I am now pretty convinced after doing some digging he was in no danger of immediate deportation.

He’s gone because he and the club mutually agreed it? So what did the club want to happen? If he’d wanted to see his contract out would they have sacked him? I am still no clearer on the clubs attitude to such behaviour.
I think,with respect you’re looking for reasons to slam the club,when if he wasn’t (and I suspect they would know by now about his visa and it’s chances of being renewed)and had gotten word it was over he and the club looked to find a way out that all concerned cane away looking ok.

Now that said the statement was brief and left a lot open to discussion (I swear the club don’t understand social media,this sort of thing is manna from heaven for it),it could have spun the story out a bit rather than the bare bones they released.

There should I agree be a hard and fast rule at the club over drink driving,one strike and your out for me,no matter who you are,if you can’t afford a taxi after a night on the pop then walk I know I always did.
No I am not looking for an excuse to bask the club. I genuinely do not understand what the clubs attitude is to such issues.

I don’t think it’s an amateurish approach to social media either as I don’t see what social media has to do with it.

The club said he’s left due to mutual agreement. So if as someone else posted the players got the riot act read to them over Mullen, why wasn’t TT just sacked?

All the niceties about thinking him for he time here and him thanking the club for letting him leave, I mean WTF is that all about?

He’s leaving because he done for DUI. Who’s idea was it that he left? The clubs as a disciplinary measure? Well say so to help the rebuild clubs reputation.

The club doesn’t owe him anything such that it needs to come out with what it did.

I get it that he supposed to be a great bloke but the club needs to improve its reputation.

As others have said we have had several players have have committed drink related offences and each one has been treated differently with arguably the worst getting off Scott free as he was our star signing.
The only reason I can offer is it had to be down to his visa,we live In intolerant times as we all know one mistake it seems and it’s game over if you believe TT solicitor maybe they had word it wasn’t going to get it renewed and with his court appearance they decided to cut ties.

Social media has EVERYTHING to do with this story,and many others with it,a carefully worded statement certainly better than what was released,would have explained the situation rather than the drab and bland explanation Wigan released,spin it and the story dies release what they did and you have people like yourself looking up points of order on what could have happened when you or I simply don’t know,I will find fault with Wigan over that but they I suppose don’t owe fans any reason why he left and that’s the simple truth of it.

That others have been found drunk diving is an irrelevance as they can’t be deported and that fact alone,with what little we know has to be the reason he went,sadly though Wigan yet again choose to shoot themselves in the foot and offer bland statements which serves nothing but to extend conversations such as ours,a well placed tweet or Facebook post kills the story,the power of social media is immense and Wigan need to realise this.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 am
DaveO wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:13 am
fozzieskem wrote: I think,with respect you’re looking for reasons to slam the club,when if he wasn’t (and I suspect they would know by now about his visa and it’s chances of being renewed)and had gotten word it was over he and the club looked to find a way out that all concerned cane away looking ok.

The only reason I can offer is it had to be down to his visa,we live In intolerant times as we all know one mistake it seems and it’s game over if you believe TT solicitor maybe they had word it wasn’t going to get it renewed and with his court appearance they decided to cut ties.

Social media has EVERYTHING to do with this story,and many others with it,a carefully worded statement certainly better than what was released,would have explained the situation rather than the drab and bland explanation Wigan released,spin it and the story dies release what they did and you have people like yourself looking up points of order on what could have happened when you or I simply don’t know,I will find fault with Wigan over that but they I suppose don’t owe fans any reason why he left and that’s the simple truth of it.

That others have been found drunk diving is an irrelevance as they can’t be deported and that fact alone,with what little we know has to be the reason he went,sadly though Wigan yet again choose to shoot themselves in the foot and offer bland statements which serves nothing but to extend conversations such as ours,a well placed tweet or Facebook post kills the story,the power of social media is immense and Wigan need to realise this.
The world is more tolerant now than it has ever been to the point it has gone mad.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I don’t claim to know the ins and outs of immigration though as for being tolerant honestly I fear this country is at its least tolerant regarding that subject than it’s ever been in my lifetime at least.