Tautai gone!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrior20

Tautai gone!

Post by Warrior20 »

Following the conclusion of an internal investigation, Taulima Tautai has left Wigan Warriors by mutual consent.
Wigan Warriors Executive Director, Kris Radlinski: “After a series of conversations with Taulima, it was mutually decided that he will leave the Club with immediate effect after five-years at Wigan Warriors. Taulima and his family expressed their wish to return to Sydney immediately to be closer to their extended family and we have facilitated that wish. We’d like to thank Taulima for his efforts at Wigan and we wish him and his family well for the future.”

On his leaving Wigan Warriors, Taulima Tautai said: “I would like to say that I am grateful to Wigan Warriors for the opportunity that they have given my family and I for the past five years to live out my passion of playing rugby league. After achieving great success at the Warriors I feel that the time is right for me to take my family home.

“This decision has not been an easy one to make but I feel it is the right decision for my family, and I am very appreciative of the compassion shown by Ian Lenagan and Kris Radlinski whilst we have reached this agreement.”

Read more at https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... h02MvRI.99
Wintergreen

Re: Tautai gone!

Post by Wintergreen »

Hmm.

Wonder what all that was about?
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Won't be missed ,we've got teenagers better than he's ever been.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

One less wage to pay, IL will be on the sparkling wine tonight
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Disgrace by the Club, im not a Tautai fan but let him go when they have kept on 2 others is a joke.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:00 am Disgrace by the Club, im not a Tautai fan but let him go when they have kept on 2 others is a joke.
More to do with his visa issues wasn’t it?
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

medlocke wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:36 am One less wage to pay, IL will be on the sparkling wine tonight
And this made me chuckle
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

Caboosegg wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:00 am Disgrace by the Club, im not a Tautai fan but let him go when they have kept on 2 others is a joke.
That's what I mean. There must surely be something else going on?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Wintergreen wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:05 am
That's what I mean. There must surely be something else going on?
He was in the middle of getting citizenship, Your not allowed to do anything wrong during the process or you are sent back to whence you came, Nothing else the club could have done
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Despite what people think about Tautai as a player, it's a shame his career in the UK has ended due to drunken stupidity. Tautai has put his body on the line for Wigan and our entertainment and although I can't condone Drink driving, I thank him wholeheartedly for what he's done for the club and the charity work in and around the town of Wigan.

Matt