Wigan v Salford

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Re: Wigan v Salford

Post by ancientnloyal »

Nothing to moan about for once 😂

We did well! We can do it we need Sammut to start tbh
Last edited by ancientnloyal on Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:37 pm Partington and Smithies are fantastic prospects. Good crowd, cracking result. Up to 4th. If FC lose to Saints next week, beat HKR and we are 2 off 3rd.
I thought Partington had a good game. Summat's kicking showed why TL is really a 9 not a 7. TL looked fit and lively in the first half his decision making was poor. Clubb ran hard in the first half but didn't see much of him in the second.

Marshall also played well despite the collision with Hardaker that cost a try.

To lose Lockers after two minutes that was a good win. Both teams coughed up too much ball in the tackle. I suspect the stats on errors won't look good for both teams but they were worse than us. Penalties started to creep in as the game progressed as well.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Thing is, if two of you are shouting “mine” you can’t back out because if you do the other may. Surly there must be a clearer system like fullback trumps anyone else or “mine back down”
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:47 pm Thing is, if two of you are shouting “mine” you can’t back out because if you do the other may. Surly there must be a clearer system like fullback trumps anyone else or “mine back down”
It seems pretty obvious doesn't it :roll:

At least we scored virtually from the kick off.
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:47 pm Thing is, if two of you are shouting “mine” you can’t back out because if you do the other may. Surly there must be a clearer system like fullback trumps anyone else or “mine back down”
It's simple. Full back trumps all.

Basic under 12 stuff tbh.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Only complaint I have was trying to see through waterery hay fevered eyes.

Good performance I think
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:54 pm Lockers off injured and down the tunnel after two minutes.

Wigan 0 Salford 2
It's his Achilles according to John Winder after the game. ☹️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:34 pm
DaveO wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:54 pm Lockers off injured and down the tunnel after two minutes.

Wigan 0 Salford 2
It's his Achilles according to John Winder after the game. ☹️
Strain or snap? As he walked off I expect the former.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors coach Adrian Lam provides update on Sean O'Loughlin's injury

Sean O'Loughlin suffered an injury early into Wigan's 28-12 victory against Salford.

He left the pitch and didn't return, and Adrian Lam revealed he felt a pain in his Achilles.

The injury will be assessed tomorrow but the skipper is an obvious doubt for Friday's game against Hull KR at the DW Stadium.

"Lockers felt a sharp pain through his Achilles, I think it'll be something with a nerve," said Lam. "He knows his body so you let him decide whether he can play on or not, but losing him in the first set wasn't ideal.

"When he went off, he holds a real presence and he's a leader, and we could have faultered a little bit but the boys dug in for each other."

Liam Farrell withdrew before the game with a knee injury suffered in training, but it is not serious.

"He could have played at a pinch but I didn't want to take that risk," added Lam.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9848263
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

That’s a relief. It’d be great to get him back for Saints, but tonight showed we can do ok without him. And we can be dangerous on the right. 2 big steps forward.