Would you make Hardaker Marquee??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Would you make Hardaker Marquee??

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

endoman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:57 am Nothing I've seen this year to him him marquee. Yep I'd keep him for sure, but not at such a wage.
He’s on a four year deal anyway.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bertina

Post by bertina »

endoman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:57 am Nothing I've seen this year to him him marquee. Yep I'd keep him for sure, but not at such a wage.
Neither of our marquee players for the last 2 seasons have exactly set the league alight.
EagleEyePie

Post by EagleEyePie »

Hardaker was one of the best players in a very poor start to the season. There are now several other players who are performing better than him on a regular basis - so he's not exactly 'marquee', he's one of a few very good players.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

To the OP

Are you suggesting he gets an increased pay deal?
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Absolutely no way he should be marquee.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:34 pm
He’s on a four year deal anyway.
Exactly, what is the point unless he is trying to force a move elsewhere based on salary and we value keeping him and making him marquee.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

bertina wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:00 pm
Neither of our marquee players for the last 2 seasons have exactly set the league alight.
Agreed but that doesn't mean that's what we should expect from now on. Hardaker has been no where near marquee form and even if he was he's on a 4 year deal anyway so no need to bump his salary up.

I'm presuming Hastings is marquee, fingers crossed we have enough room to bring in a second (hopefully Maloney or George Burgess).
Levrier

Post by Levrier »

No.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:24 pm To the OP

Are you suggesting he gets an increased pay deal?
My own opinion is that he shouldn’t be marquee for 2020 but to start a debate. Previous MOS etc... to be marquee then yes he would have a payrise.

I’d personally like to see Zak secure at Wigan and play like he can do in 2020 behind two good halfbacks... beyond then who knows.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

There is an argument to say its a bit pointless having anyone as Marquee - its not improved our ability to retain players for example with Williams.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure