Lam previews Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Lam previews Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

wall_of_voodoo wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:32 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:54 pm
wall_of_voodoo wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Without being funny, after one of his previous concussions I thought the club doctor would have recommended he wear a skull cap for the rest of the season. How many times this season is this now?

One more and I think he will need "resting" for the season as Hull did with Albert Kelly last season
I actually said that to him the last time he missed two games with concussion!
What was his reply Josie?
He said no! But I will say it again to him next time I see him.

He probably looks a Chris Hill & thinks he may end up like him!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

On greenwood it could be a more serious issue. My brother in law played RL professionally and had to retire early due to repeatedly getting knocked out. The Dr advised him to retire or risk serious brain damage. Hopefully its not as serious as that but it sounds very alike with the amount of times it has happened.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

A couple of weeks back, I made a comment that I hoped Joe Greenwood had made preparation for a life outside Rugby. The lad has another 55 to 60 years of living to do and I fear that after another bang or two on the head, he could suffer for a long time. He should rest this season out then take the best medical advice from a neurosurgeon. There has been too many documented cases of soccer players dying young through just heading a ball, these lads get kneed, kicked, headbutted, head collisions, driven into rock hard pitches etc and it must take its toll.
I just hope the lad gets the right treatment and advice.
PF Warrior

Post by PF Warrior »

It was good to read Adrian Lams comments with regard to the young players being given their chance in the first team. Unfortunately he made no comment with regard to Morgan Escar'e. I feel that some mention by Lam as to Morgan's position within the club.