19-man squad vs Hull KR

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-man squad vs Hull KR

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam has named the 19-man squad to face Hull KR on Friday 5th July in the Betfred Super League.

Sarginson returns, Greenwood and O’Loughlin out injured

Wigan Warriors vs Hull Kingston Rovers, Friday 5th July, DW Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Adrian Lam has named the 19-man squad to face Hull Kingston Rovers at the DW Stadium on Friday 5th July in the Betfred Super League (K.O. 7:45pm).

The two sides met just a month ago at KCOM Craven Park, where a Sam Powell drop goal sealed victory for Lam’s men in a action packed 18-19.

Injury News

Skipper Sean O’Loughlin, who left the field early injured last week vs Salford, misses out this week with an achilles injury. Second-row Joe Greenwood also misses out. Speaking about Greenwood earlier this week, Adrian Lam said, “Then we’ve got Joe Greenwood who’s out too. We will follow the protocol of head knocks and the return to the field policy, making sure we do the right thing by that.”

However, Dan Sarginson returns to the 19 this week after missing the last two games.

Dom Manfredi (knee) and Tom Davies (ankle) remain the only long-term injuries in the squad.

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face Hull Kingston Rovers:

image: https://www.wiganwarriors.com/admin/res ... 072019.jpg

Joe Bullock, Joe Burgess, Liam Byrne, Tony Clubb, Morgan Escare, Liam Farrell, Oliver Gildart, Chris Hankinson, Zak Hardaker, Willie Isa, Tommy Leuluai, Liam Marshall, Romain Navarrete, Ollie Partington, Sam Powell, Jarrod Sammut, Dan Sarginson, Morgan Smithies, George Williams.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... TgrVGve.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: 19-man squad vs Hull KR

Post by fozzieskem »

They need to get Greenwood sorted out,if possible once and for all every time he goes down after a tackle I cringe he won’t get back up
bertina

Post by bertina »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:01 pm They need to get Greenwood sorted out,if possible once and for all every time he goes down after a tackle I cringe he won’t get back up
I know what you mean, but how do you propose they do that. ?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

As someone else posted, get him into the kind of head protector that Hill wears.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My strong inclination would be to keep Hankinson at centre and not play Sarg, but it looks like Lam will go with playing both on the right, with Hank in the second row. With Sammutt improving, and Powell more dynamic, we should at least be able to show that we can still attack effectively without Lockers.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:34 pm My strong inclination would be to keep Hankinson at centre and not play Sarg, but it looks like Lam will go with playing both on the right, with Hank in the second row. With Sammutt improving, and Powell more dynamic, we should at least be able to show that we can still attack effectively without Lockers.
We did last week
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards