Halfback pairing 2020 concern

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors01

Re: Halfback pairing 2020 concern

Post by warriors01 »

One for Lam to think about just Umalya Hanley playing full back in the u19s but this lad looks to be a natural footballer im sure he has the makings of a good 6, probably played their at schoolboy level. Put him alongside Hastings and he will come on leaps and bounds. he needs to be in the first team squad next year before he eventually turns to Union. If he is good enough he is old enough and this lad is going to be a star. On top of that a good kicker as well.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

This issue overlaps with leadership imo.

I guess Lockers will move upstairs next year, so we need Tommy to go round again. (Though I see Sam P as our next captain - his prompting, encouragement and determination have been a big factor in our recent upturn.)

The other advantage in Tommy playing in 2020 is it gives time to start bringing Harry Smith through.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:52 pm This issue overlaps with leadership imo.

I guess Lockers will move upstairs next year, so we need Tommy to go round again. (Though I see Sam P as our next captain - his prompting, encouragement and determination have been a big factor in our recent upturn.)

The other advantage in Tommy playing in 2020 is it gives time to start bringing Harry Smith through.
I've said this before regarding Sam 😊
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:54 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:52 pm This issue overlaps with leadership imo.

I think it’s heading that way Josie,the lad clearly has something that coaches want from their players,after a rocky start this season he is starting to blossom
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

warriors01 wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:38 pm One for Lam to think about just Umalya Hanley playing full back in the u19s but this lad looks to be a natural footballer im sure he has the makings of a good 6, probably played their at schoolboy level. Put him alongside Hastings and he will come on leaps and bounds. he needs to be in the first team squad next year before he eventually turns to Union. If he is good enough he is old enough and this lad is going to be a star. On top of that a good kicker as well.
Hanley is nowhere near ready for 1st team yet. He's an excellent prospect but needs time to progress at the lower levels.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Hanley same age as Edwards when he played in first team and look how he turned out. New season is another 9 months away when he will bigger and stronger. Tommy is playing well at the moment but he is not a natural half back which has been proven throughout his career. Don't believe Shorrocks or Woods is the answer. So would suggest we look to the youth such as Smith and young Hanley. Trueman at Cas was given his chance at a similar age and he has blossomed.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Lockers and Tommy are both going to play on next season.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

If Lam does get job on 3 year deal i wouldnt rule out his son coming just a thought
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:49 am If Lam does get job on 3 year deal i wouldnt rule out his son coming just a thought
Him and hastings would be nice
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:54 pm

So do Rads and IFL.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards