Fan Village returns

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: Fan Village returns

Post by josie andrews »

Fujiman wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:55 pm
josie andrews wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:55 am
Fujiman wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 am Took my grandson for a mooch round before going into the ssb. Work in progress.
It is & they are trying to improve it every game.

Just think the guy with the mike needs to turn the volume down not just with the music but himself as well! He is just so overpowering & drowns out everything else!
Think he’s a DJ on Wish FM. Funniest part was when he asked that fan what was the name of the stadium that Wigan played at before DW and he said centre parcs 😂
He didn't have any questions prepared, it was supposed to be a player versus a fan on general knowledge. That didn't happen, he just asked the "fan"!

Yes that was funny 😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

Fujiman wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:02 am Took my grandson for a mooch round before going into the ssb. Work in progress.
A very polite way of putting it.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

It won’t last.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:13 pm It won’t last.
I suppose at least they’re trying but I can’t see it running in the deep winter that’s for sure
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

fozzieskem wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:13 pm
I suppose at least they’re trying but I can’t see it running in the deep winter that’s for sure
I took my grandson aged 4 to his first game and he liked the fan zone. We stayed for about 30 minutes before going into the South Stand Bar.

By the time next season comes the Robin Park Arena will be completed and I expect there will be a facilities inside, so I don't understand the not running in deep winter part.
If however the fans don't support it and just carry on with all things negative, then it will fail, but of course it will then be the clubs fault.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:22 pm
I took my grandson aged 4 to his first game and he liked the fan zone. We stayed for about 30 minutes before going into the South Stand Bar.

By the time next season comes the Robin Park Arena will be completed and I expect there will be a facilities inside, so I don't understand the not running in deep winter part.
If however the fans don't support it and just carry on with all things negative, then it will fail, but of course it will then be the clubs fault.
Well said.

The club are trying to get fans to use the facilities in the Robin Park Arena so that money spent there goes to the club & not the stadium/Latics & like you said, next season it will all be finished with more indoor amenities.

I wish them Good Luck with it 😊🏉🍒⚪️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

No straw damn us wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:22 pm

I still can’t fathom the move out to robin park,if they’d bought it outright yes I could understand it but to just lease it and be responsible for all that work is well I’d say the council getting the better end of the deal.

I rarely bother with fan zones I go to the ground and watch the game,my hyper active German Shepard while is ok on her own I don’t like leaving her to much of a summer evening if no one can pop in,so the fan village is as I say something I wouldn’t use,nor would I use the south stand bar either and that could be the biggest problem for the long term as people are very much creatures of habit and will still go in there.

As for my comment about running it in the winter is down to the thought it was just outside is all no need to get precious about it to be honest.

As for robin park itself I find it an awful place to watch a game from though that may have changed as I hopefully will find out next week at the under 19 game,give me Orrell any day of the week.
Nate90

Post by Nate90 »

Will the all weather cages at Robin Park still be available to hire? I would imagine these will be in demand especially with the closure of the Soccer Dome, and if so will be the club be able to make any money out of renting them out?

My second question is a silly one, but will the seats at Robin Park still be blue? I would imagine so because we never got rid of the amber ones at Orrell.