Fifteen pictures of overseas players who have joined Wigan Warriors from a Super League rival

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Fifteen pictures of overseas players who have joined Wigan Warriors from a Super League rival

Post by josie andrews »

Jackson Hastings, Salford’s Australian halfback, is on his way to the Warriors.

Here are 15 overseas players who have joined Wigan from a Super League rival...

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/fiftee ... -1-9858507
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Fifteen pictures of overseas players who have joined Wigan Warriors from a Super League rival

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Some good some poor signings amongst them.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Re: Fifteen pictures of overseas players who have joined Wigan Warriors from a Super League rival

Post by DaveO »

Only 3, 5, 9 and 12 have cut the mustard for me.

The rest are bang average to poor and given we are supposed to have such a production line of players it makes you wonder what signing such players of such little ability was all about.

As to my top four, the fact we only seem to have been altered to the talents of players like Green and Hastings after SL's rivals like HKR and Salford found them to be available just reinforces my view is our "scouting" is nonexistent. The same applies domestically to a degree as well. I doubt we'd have seen Hardaker here unless he had screwed up so was suddenly available. I think the last truly talented overseas player we unearthed who wasn't at the end of his career when he arrived (as Bowen was for example) was Carmont.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Agreed, DaveO. We all could see that Chris Hill was outstanding at Leigh and I recall, years ago, that some Wigan scout had said that Alex Walmsley wouldn't hack it at a higher level.
Those two would have been handy acquisitions.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

With some exceptions - it's a bit of a Hall of Shame really.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:23 pm Only 3, 5, 9 and 12 have cut the mustard for me.

The rest are bang average to poor and given we are supposed to have such a production line of players it makes you wonder what signing such players of such little ability was all about.

As to my top four, the fact we only seem to have been altered to the talents of players like Green and Hastings after SL's rivals like HKR and Salford found them to be available just reinforces my view is our "scouting" is nonexistent. The same applies domestically to a degree as well. I doubt we'd have seen Hardaker here unless he had screwed up so was suddenly available. I think the last truly talented overseas player we unearthed who wasn't at the end of his career when he arrived (as Bowen was for example) was Carmont.
they stumbled upon carmont he wasn't scouted either.