Navarette and Bullock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
EagleEyePie

Re: Navarette and Bullock

Post by EagleEyePie »

jobo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:55 am He was making yards in contact and getting a fast play the ball, something which Wane taught him.
Bullock has never been coached by Wane has he? He's certainly not a Wane type of prop forward. Post contact metres weren't his thing but I think in Bullock's case that's one of his biggest strengths.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jobo wrote:
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:58 pm Another week he would have got away with the sin bin but it was the touch judge who informed the ref who must not have seen it.

Thought both played well and will Clubb doing a Lockers and going off down the tunnel after five minutes they stepped up to the plate.

When Lam brought Bullock on later on he was making loads of yards in contact. Very un Wane like style of play ;)
He was making yards in contact and getting a fast play the ball, something which Wane taught him.
Wane has never coached him as a senior player. He joined in 2012 and more or less went out on loan right away to South Wales scorpions, then Leigh and onto Barrow.

Wane has had no influence on this lad.

The runs he was making, were he was driving with legs pumping into the tackle taking defenders with him were the same as the ones Hamlin made on his DW debut which had the crowd up for it but had Wane making some very patronising comments about him doing it after the match. He more or less said he’d learn not to do it!

Wanes method of getting a fast play the ball was drop in the tackle ASAP. Bullock certainly wasn’t doing that.
jobo

Post by jobo »

EagleEyePie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:50 am
jobo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:55 am He was making yards in contact and getting a fast play the ball, something which Wane taught him.
Bullock has never been coached by Wane has he? He's certainly not a Wane type of prop forward. Post contact metres weren't his thing but I think in Bullock's case that's one of his biggest strengths.
He was with us last season and played for our academy years back, when he was a winger I think, could be wrong though.

As for post contact metre making, that's all well and good but winning the ruck is paramount in todays game. The trick is to do both, a bit like Walmsley and Thompson are doing for Sts.
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

If you make post contact yards you either make a break or your inviting the opposition to give a penalty away ,Bullock invariably lands on his front not on his back,surely that's better than what wane preaches.
jobo

Post by jobo »

jobo wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:19 am
EagleEyePie wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:50 am
He was with us last season and played for our academy years back, when he was a winger I think, could be wrong though.

As for post contact metre making, that's all well and good but winning the ruck is paramount in todays game. The trick is to do both, a bit like Walmsley and Thompson are doing for Sts.
Oops, my error :oops:
Must be the heat, where I'm currently at, either that or I'm going bonkers.
jobo

Post by jobo »

DaveO wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:12 am
jobo wrote:
DaveO wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:58 pm Another week he would have got away with the sin bin but it was the touch judge who informed the ref who must not have seen it.

Thought both played well and will Clubb doing a Lockers and going off down the tunnel after five minutes they stepped up to the plate.

When Lam brought Bullock on later on he was making loads of yards in contact. Very un Wane like style of play ;)
He was making yards in contact and getting a fast play the ball, something which Wane taught him.
Wane has never coached him as a senior player. He joined in 2012 and more or less went out on loan right away to South Wales scorpions, then Leigh and onto Barrow.

Wane has had no influence on this lad.

The runs he was making, were he was driving with legs pumping into the tackle taking defenders with him were the same as the ones Hamlin made on his DW debut which had the crowd up for it but had Wane making some very patronising comments about him doing it after the match. He more or less said he’d learn not to do it!

Wanes method of getting a fast play the ball was drop in the tackle ASAP. Bullock certainly wasn’t doing that.
I should have said as Wane advocated rather than taught him.