Justin Holbrook and Adrian Lam hit out at decision not to screen St Helens vs Wigan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
nathan_rugby

Re: Justin Holbrook and Adrian Lam hit out at decision not to screen St Helens vs Wigan

Post by nathan_rugby »

My thoughts on the discussion so far:

I agree the playoff format may need further revision.

Play offs will never be banished. It’s been the main focal point of the sport since 1998 and is backed by interest and Sky figures. Why abolish it ?

Another cup, such as the Regal trophy won’t be introduced. The challenge cup barely draws enough interests.

Teams should NOT play each other more than twice in regular season. More than that is ludacris. The fact our sport cannot sustain a top league that generates enough teams to only play each other twice says it all for me.

A competition for teams who drop out early or the cups won’t be done either. What’s the point ? Having a Hull Kr vs Salford game that gets 3k fans instead of 2k? Pointless. Bigger challenges and issues to resolve in rugby league.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
SJ

Re: Justin Holbrook and Adrian Lam hit out at decision not to screen St Helens vs Wigan

Post by SJ »

When we went to a GF it was solving a problem that didn't exist. The CC was still packed out at Wembley so the sport had its big occasion, we had the regal trophy and the Premiership for teams who were not going to win the league. The way the RFL went about trashing the value of the league by not even offering a trophy and effectively setting up a rival to the CC thus trashing its own high visibility showpiece, all to promote the GF, was just commercial and sporting vandalism but typical of those running the game at the time.
[/quote]

Completely agree Dave!