19-man squad vs St Helens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Barney841

Re: 19-man squad vs St Helens

Post by Barney841 »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:45 pm The player we should have let go is Burgess. The money spent on him would be much better spent on a big forward. If either of Davies or Dom recovers we won’t need him. We are after all only his NRL safety mat.
Don’t think an NRL team would touch him at the moment. Yes he can score but his defence and defensive decisions should be questioned. He flew out the line a few times the other night, dropped a couple of balls. Fages was targeting him
PGH1449

Post by PGH1449 »

Barney841 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 pm
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:45 pm The player we should have let go is Burgess. The money spent on him would be much better spent on a big forward. If either of Davies or Dom recovers we won’t need him. We are after all only his NRL safety mat.
Don’t think an NRL team would touch him at the moment. Yes he can score but his defence and defensive decisions should be questioned. He flew out the line a few times the other night, dropped a couple of balls. Fages was targeting him
If a winger flew out of the line it’s often a result of what has happened inside him. If the attacking shape is effective enough it’s the centre and winger who is left exposed and it usually looks like it was their error. His attempt under the high ball was poor but I’ll watch the full game back on Wigan TV before if criticise the defensive decisions. I think we’ll miss him next week. His form might not be great but he’s a cracking winger.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

With Budgie out which prop do we play on the wing instead of Escare?

Shame bullock is out he's an ex winger yeh?

But jesting aside, we picked up a few injuries vs Stains which is worrying as wakefield have a very large pack.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

PGH1449 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 am
Barney841 wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:48 pm
I still rate him as a winger but I just don’t think he’s Nrl standard. And he probably did get dragged in at times in defence but his defensive frailties have been there to see a few times this season, not just the other nigjt

If a winger flew out of the line it’s often a result of what has happened inside him. If the attacking shape is effective enough it’s the centre and winger who is left exposed and it usually looks like it was their error. His attempt under the high ball was poor but I’ll watch the full game back on Wigan TV before if criticise the defensive decisions. I think we’ll miss him next week. His form might not be great but he’s a cracking winger.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I still rate him as a winger but just don’t think he Nrl standard. Yes at times you can get dragged in by a sliding defence but budgies defensive frailties didn’t just show Friday night, they’ve appeared a few times this season
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Barney841 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:25 am I still rate him as a winger but just don’t think he Nrl standard. Yes at times you can get dragged in by a sliding defence but budgies defensive frailties didn’t just show Friday night, they’ve appeared a few times this season
He will do a fine job in SL,yes his defence is a little suspect and his injuries are a concern but I’ve said many times that he went to early to the NRL he won’t get another chance sadly