Saints v WIGAN

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Saints v WIGAN

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:43 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:03 am Not a lot to say about last night's performance only to say i went full of optimism only to see what I was expecting a side seriously lacking in all departments i was hoping pivitol players would step up although for these derdys this should be a must but have to say saw a team with no spine after 10 mins completely lost attacking wise defense with pack depleted pack I expected totally outplayed in every position last word Williams in nrl a hit dont make me bloody laugh can't hack it big games in sl
I think most thought the same about Sutton and look how well he hid his talents till he got his move,Williams will go well over there I think
He didn’t hide his talents he played well for us and we are missing him. He is still young for a prop and if he stays injury free he will get better.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Saints v WIGAN

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:43 pm
keptinthedarkfans wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:03 am Not a lot to say about last night's performance only to say i went full of optimism only to see what I was expecting a side seriously lacking in all departments i was hoping pivitol players would step up although for these derdys this should be a must but have to say saw a team with no spine after 10 mins completely lost attacking wise defense with pack depleted pack I expected totally outplayed in every position last word Williams in nrl a hit dont make me bloody laugh can't hack it big games in sl
I think most thought the same about Sutton and look how well he hid his talents till he got his move,Williams will go well over there I think
As a forward though improvement can come from being fitter and stronger (which sutton looks to me)

A back needs to do more a back needs to have a brain and know how to unlock defenses - Williams wont be able to hop skip and jump past NRL sides. If Tomkins who in his prime was a better player than Williams struggled to make an impact i fail to see how Williams will manage over there.

Backs and forwards are different prospects in the NRL i cant remember a back going over there and being successful
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure