19-man squad vs Wakefield

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

19-man squad vs Wakefield

Post by josie andrews »

Adrian Lam has named Wigan Warriors’ 19-man squad to face Wakefield Trinity on Thursday.

Injured Tommy Leuluai and Joe Bullock replaced by Jack Wells and Academy player Ethan Havard.

Wigan Warriors vs Wakefield Trinity, Thursday 18th July, DW Stadium, K.O. 7:45pm.
Head Coach Adrian Lam has named the Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face Wakefield Trinity on Thursday at the DW Stadium (K.O. 7:45pm).

The reigning Betfred Super League Champions will host the Yorkshire side for the first time this season. The Round 23 fixture will be the second time the two clubs have met in 2019 with Wakefield picking up a 30-20 victory back in early April on their home soil.

Injury news

Prop forward Joe Bullock misses only his second game of the season through a knee injury picked up against St Helens last week. Speaking earlier this week, Adrian Lam explained that the severity of the injury was not yet clear.

“We have Bullock going for an MRI scan on his knee. There is some medial damage but hopefully that’s it. There are some concerns over it being an ACL but we will find out soon. If it is, that will be the season over for him - fingers crossed it’s not.”

Tommy Leuluai also misses out this week through a lower back injury.

Sean O’Loughlin (Achilles), Ben Flower (back) and Joe Greenwood (head injury) remain on the comeback trail and are not available for selection this week.

Dom Manfredi (knee) and Tom Davies (ankle) remain the two long-term injuries in the squad.

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad to face Wakefield Trinity:

Joe Burgess, Liam Byrne, Tony Clubb, Liam Farrell, Oliver Gildart, Chris Hankinson, Zak Hardaker, Ethan Havard, Willie Isa, Liam Marshall, Romain Navarrete, Ollie Partington, Sam Powell, Jarrod Sammut, Dan Sarginson, Jake Shorrocks, Morgan Smithies, Jack Wells, George Williams.

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... GRytiHk.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: 19-man squad vs Wakefield

Post by Firestarter »

I think this is a must win game for us
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I think we will lose this one which will please the Lam haters & Escare lovers :(
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I don't think any Wigan fans are 'pleased' with defeats.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Wakefield are also missing a lot of players. I hope we can respond to - to use Lam’s word - being taught a “lesson” last week. Will the shame of 3 defeats by the old enemy inspire a response? Having had 9 months to shape the team, it will be fascinating to watch:
- the defensive structure;
- the attacking shape and what moves we have to unlock their defence; and
- the level of resilience Lam can inspire.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

moto748 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:02 pm I don't think any Wigan fans are 'pleased' with defeats.
Ones with agendas are
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I like Escare and wish Lam would play him. I'm not convinced with Lam as coach either. However I do not want Wigan to lose under any circumstances and to suggest that I or any Wigan supporter is "pleased" with a defeat for any reason is a very long way away from reality.
doc

Post by doc »

Surprised Samy Kibula isn't back in the frame after being Swinton's MOM in the last couple of matches according to the trade papers.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

40 years this year of season tickets for me and mine. I can’t think of a single defeat which hasn’t upset me. There may be one and I have forgotten it (the only circumstances I can think of where I might not be upset would be if our defeat stopped Saints winning something but I can’t recall one of those).

I sense that the players are more “relaxed” about defeats than fans.

I do consider myself a good winner though. I have known some fans upset by letting in a try after we are 30 points up. In fact, I used to get rung up regularly by one who only followed the games on the radio - “who missed him? Who was it?”
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wakefield squad

Annakin returns to 19-man squad

Trinity Head Coach, Chris Chester, has named his 19-man squad for Thursday’s game away at Wigan Warriors. (Kick-off 7.45pm).

There’s just the one change to this weeks 19, with Chris Annakin coming in for the injured Craig Kopczak, who is out with a quad problem.

Tyler Randell was a late withdrawal last week with a knee problem, but the hooker is back in contention this week!

The 19-man squad in full is:

Chris ANNAKIN
Joe ARUNDEL
James BATCHELOR
Danny BROUGH
Mason CATON-BROWN
Jordy CROWTHER
Anthony ENGLAND
Ryan HAMPSHIRE
Keegan HIRST
Ben JONES-BISHOP
Max JOWITT
George KING
Reece LYNE
Jacob MILLER
Pauli PAULI
Tyler RANDELL
Kelepi TANGINOA
Bill TUPOU
Kyle WOOD

https://wakefieldtrinity.com/annakin-re ... man-squad/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan