Out of interest next captain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Out of interest next captain

Post by Firestarter »

Liam farrell
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
SJ

Post by SJ »

Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:32 pm Hastings if we need one next year. A real leader.
Unfortunately we have no one worthy of the title but if Hastings lives up to expectations. I'll go with EW
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It will be Powell

who it should be is up for debate
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:24 am Nearly every other thread on this forum says we need to sign a new hooker. Now given we've just signed a scrum half for next season where would our new captain play. We really have taken a fall from grace if Powell is the hooker for the next few years.

For me it has to be Farrell, he really does lead by example.
Nearly every other thread on this forum is dominated by the opinions of a few people. The whole forum itself is not necessarily representative of all Wigan fans. And, even if it were, as Wayne Bennett (I think) said "When you start listening to the fans, it's time to become one." or words to that effect.

In short, it's Sam Powell all day long.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:50 pm
First Try Tickle wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:24 am Nearly every other thread on this forum says we need to sign a new hooker. Now given we've just signed a scrum half for next season where would our new captain play. We really have taken a fall from grace if Powell is the hooker for the next few years.

Nearly every other thread on this forum is dominated by the opinions of a few people. The whole forum itself is not necessarily representative of all Wigan fans. And, even if it were, as Wayne Bennett (I think) said "When you start listening to the fans, it's time to become one." or words to that effect.

I think Morley, Wayne Bennett was saying, along the lines of, if you start listening to the fans, then you'll soon become one !
We all know what he's saying, it only has one meaning !!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 pm

I think Morley, Wayne Bennett was saying, along the lines of, if you start listening to the fans, then you'll soon become one !
Thanks NF.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Nezza Faz wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:12 pm

I think it was: if you start listening to the fans, you'll soon be sitting in the stands with them.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

SJ wrote:
Exiled Wiganer wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:32 pm Hastings if we need one next year. A real leader.
Unfortunately we have no one worthy of the title but if Hastings lives up to expectations. I'll go with EW
Agreed. I started thinking who should it be and there is literally no one I can think of who is the obvious choice. It should not be surprising really because how many times have we looked leaderless even with the current crop of senior players on the pitch when Lockers isn’t and last season when Sam T wasn’t?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sam Powel
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Morgan Escaré
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham