Mitch Clark to Leigh!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Mitch Clark to Leigh!

Post by southportcdm »

I see Mitch has left Cas and signed for Leigh for the rest of the season. Seems an odd one to me. Once he'd been released by Cas surely we could have made an offer even though Cas clearly didn't want him coming to us. Perhaps we should offer Leigh a few quid now he's no longer a Cas player.
Last edited by southportcdm on Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
josie andrews

Re: Mitch Clark to Leigh!

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors given green light for Mitch Clark

Kiwi prop Mitch Clark - who has signed for Wigan from next season - has left Castleford with immediate effect 'to pursue another short-term playing opportunity'.
The 26-year-old had fallen down the pecking order at the Tigers since announcing his decision to join the Warriors.

He had been playing on dual-registration for Championship side Halifax, but he would be free to join up early with Wigan - whose middles have taken a battering in recent weeks.

“Mitch has left the Tigers to pursue another short-term playing opportunity," said Castleford director of rugby Jon Wells.

“Mitch has recently found first-team football hard to come by at the Tigers, and all parties felt a move away would enable him to do what rugby league players like doing best.

“He’s been a great bloke and a big contributor at the club over the last 18 months, and we would like to wish him all the very best for the rest of this year and as a Wigan player from next season.”

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan- ... -1-9885300
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Hang on, I thought Lam confirmed that we were looking to bring him in early? How is it he's signed for Leigh? Unless Cas only agreed to release him if he didn't come to Wigan?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

We may have made an arrangement with Leigh 😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:04 pm We may have made an arrangement with Leigh 😉
You little torment Josie 😁
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:10 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:04 pm We may have made an arrangement with Leigh 😉
You little torment Josie 😁
Is this another Micky Higham - Terry Newton arrangement?
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

If we've had to go through leigh to get him that's pathetic from cas .
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Leigh have released hock and gregson and( so called) signed Sau and Clarke....... somehow i think Clark and Sau will be on more wage so expect Clark to wigan in a swap for a young wigan forward like Wells for example.......Nothing concrete but i know Sau has signed 100%
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Mickw

Post by Mickw »

Leigh were bankrupt 5 minutes ago and couldn't field a team without us,now they're paying for superleague players .umm
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Fair point!