Mitch Clark to Leigh!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pedro

Re: Mitch Clark to Leigh!

Post by pedro »

Mickw wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:13 pm Leigh were bankrupt 5 minutes ago and couldn't field a team without us,now they're paying for superleague players .umm
no they werent, Beaumont just didnt want to bankroll it as he lost a million pound straight away as they missed out of the playoffs, he said he cant compete with toronto so wont go full time until they are up. Playing players 10 weeks wages isnt a bad idea
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

One of super leagues most devastating props helping Leigh
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

ancientnloyal wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:31 am One of super leagues most devastating props helping Leigh
I still can’t believe he said that.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Mickw wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:38 pm If we've had to go through leigh to get him that's pathetic from cas .
Not sure I agree. I don't think we can blame Cas for not really wanting to help Wigan out when we're direct rivals for a play-off place.

We wouldn't be too happy if (for example) we let Escare leave and he signed for Cas and was instrumental in them reaching the play-offs at our expense.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I bet Escaré can’t wait to play against Wigan next season, if it happens... like Steve Hampson at Salford, but on a smaller scale
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Escare swap for clarke till end of season????
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Castleford's stance is not about aiding Wigan this season, they have a long standing dislike for us which goes back to the season they were relegated and we survived!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mickw wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:38 pm If we've had to go through leigh to get him that's pathetic from cas .
I don't understand the idea that we will do this. If there was such a scheme hatched by Wigan with the aid of Leigh, are those running Cas so thick they could not see it?

If it happens then it will be transparently obvious what has gone on and so why would Leigh trash their own reputation by engaging in such collusion to aid Wigan?

I suppose Cas could have been trying to find a way to allow Clarke to leave if they wanted to do right by him without looking like they were aiding Wigan to their fans but if so, and they are about to feign indignation if he does end up at Wigan, that is also pathetic.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Firestarter wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:45 am Escare swap for clarke till end of season????

Of course, the perfect solution! Why didn't we think of that before? :lol:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

pedro wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:10 pm
Mickw wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:13 pm Leigh were bankrupt 5 minutes ago and couldn't field a team without us,now they're paying for superleague players .umm
no they werent, Beaumont just didnt want to bankroll it as he lost a million pound straight away as they missed out of the playoffs, he said he cant compete with toronto so wont go full time until they are up. Playing players 10 weeks wages isnt a bad idea
Yup deadly Degsey pulled the plug but now he can see a SL sized hole in the distance and is going for it..again