George Burgess Signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

George Burgess Signs

Post by ancientnloyal »

Well... Hastings, French And Burgess.

I will put my hand up and say that the Club have got it right in July! And I’ve not always been a supporter of recent transfers and how contracts are done but what a trio!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Re: George Burgess Signs

Post by medlocke »

Indeed
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Absolutely give credit where it’s due,it’s too easy to moan and groan over signings of recent years,French is the wildcard perhaps that’s been missing but to get Burgess as well was a fine move too.

I’m still unsure over Lam,he has my full support of course he does but I hope he proves my doubts wrong I’ll be a happy lad if he does .

I hope these signings will bring back some of the lost fans and I hope Lenegan doesn’t get to despondant if it doesn’t at first,I think the gap in the summer harms more season ticket sales rather than the perceived “boring” rugby,until that’s addressed I think a fair few will hang back on season tickets
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

It’s nice to get excited about player signings again, it’s been a while.
The club have done well with the recent signings and I’m looking forward to next season to see how it all comes together. Be interesting where we are gonna use french
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

George plus Hastings and French are three excellent signings.
Got us all looking forward with optimism again.
Well done IL & Rads.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Great signings add to that Clark
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

pedro wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:54 pm Great signings add to that Clark
He scored for leigh today
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:52 pm I hope these signings will bring back some of the lost fans and I hope Lenegan doesn’t get to despondant if it doesn’t at first,I think the gap in the summer harms more season ticket sales rather than the perceived “boring” rugby,until that’s addressed I think a fair few will hang back on season tickets
Well these signings have meant two season ticket renewals going through in my household.

I was seriously considering cancelling the auto-renew this time. Not helped by comments from Rads about Clarke being the most destructive forward in SL or whatever he said about him leaving me thinking he was our "star" signing for next season. My son hardly makes any games currently having moved to Leeds but even he has decided to keep his season ticket on the back of Hastings, Burgess and French signings.

I would imagine (and hope) a lot of other people who were toying with the idea of cancelling their auto-renew have now happily decided they will let it go through.

No disrespect to Bibby and Clarke but it is the signings of Hastings, Burgess and French that will put bums on seats, mine included.

Well done to Rads and IL for getting these players signed on the dotted line. I am sure there will be a positive effect on ticket sales.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

DaveO wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:47 pm
fozzieskem wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:52 pm I hope these signings will bring back some of the lost fans and I hope Lenegan doesn’t get to despondant if it doesn’t at first,I think the gap in the summer harms more season ticket sales rather than the perceived “boring” rugby,until that’s addressed I think a fair few will hang back on season tickets
Well these signings have meant two season ticket renewals going through in my household.

I was seriously considering cancelling the auto-renew this time. Not helped by comments from Rads about Clarke being the most destructive forward in SL or whatever he said about him leaving me thinking he was our "star" signing for next season. My son hardly makes any games currently having moved to Leeds but even he has decided to keep his season ticket on the back of Hastings, Burgess and French signings.

I would imagine (and hope) a lot of other people who were toying with the idea of cancelling their auto-renew have now happily decided they will let it go through.

No disrespect to Bibby and Clarke but it is the signings of Hastings, Burgess and French that will put bums on seats, mine included.

Well done to Rads and IL for getting these players signed on the dotted line. I am sure there will be a positive effect on ticket sales.
oh make no mistake Dave,im well revved up for renewal I always was going to this is just the icing on the cake, but a lot of people have left and simply not returned, for all sorts of reasons' just dont see a flood of returning fans, though I suspect wigan will see a fair few more than this season say.

It never occurred to me to even think about cancelling, pound for pound RL is great value even if things arnt hunky dory with your own team.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Made up with the signings! a real statement of intent

does anyone think that the french signing may mean Hardaker will leave? or is he an escare replacement?

either way i think he could be another Amos Roberts got bags of pace which is something you cant coach.

Really excited about next year
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure