George Burgess Signs

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fozzieskem

Re: George Burgess Signs

Post by fozzieskem »

Wigan_forever1985 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:29 am Made up with the signings! a real statement of intent

does anyone think that the french signing may mean Hardaker will leave? or is he an escare replacement?

either way i think he could be another Amos Roberts got bags of pace which is something you cant coach.

Really excited about next year
I hope Zak stays he will win things here of that I’m sure and more importantly he looks settled at least from the outside looking in,again as with Escare I doubt French is in any way shape or form better player than Zak,for me he’s here to play in the halves and it’s a mouthwatering prospect
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It is so good to have this site back!
I am more excited about next year than for many years. Can’t wait to see a truly destructive Wigan pack leader. Plus, if French builds on his thrill a minute initial NRL form he should be an excitement machine. These top end signings supplement the most exciting crop of youngsters I can recall for decades.
Oh, and Saints losing their wonder coach and, shortly after, their big threats, does our prospects no harm at all.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Oh, and I assume Sammutt will go rather than Zak.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If sammut, escare, shorrocks left we could sign another decent player or two fingers crossed 🤞
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

But none of the above have ever let us down........ide rather we let them go than have them second string and unhappy
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Don't know where this zac leaving came from just devilment from leeds and cas. He is probably in the best place he has been in his career. Happy settled and grateful to Wigan for helping him I believe we will see that repaid tenfold by him. Imo Any outgoings will be senior playing players.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Was talking to a Leigh fan today at work. Asked him about Mitch. He said he is as intense just before he is subbed as he is just as he comes on but in between you have to question the conditioning. I suppose he hasn’t played a lot but sounded quite a good player to bring from the subs bench
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame