Win it?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mickw

Re: Win it?

Post by Mickw »

Our kicking games poor ,
Our game management is tertible,
Our end of sets are shocking,
but we can beat anybody on our day and they all know it.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 am Now, now! Stop the sniping you're all moaning about it on RLFans!

This is a happy forum who accept proper comments & debates from other clubs fans. Let's keep it this way 😊🏉🍒⚪️
I didn't realise you were a Monty Python fan, Josie!
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue about who killed who.
https://youtu.be/jKGjOE_7bYI

😂😂
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
saintnickle

Post by saintnickle »

Mike wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:28 pm
saintnickle wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:57 pm
Mike wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:36 pm Been noticably tailing off the last few week. Just like last year!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Really,,and what do you base that on??Our last 6 games won 5 lost 1.Those 5 weve won weve hammered Wigan Warrington and Hull..
Only 26 against wakefield? Only scraping past fax? It happened last year and its happening again.
Dont forget putting 32 pts on you,40 away on Hull and 21 away on Warrington.Youve won once in 9 against the top 3 and that was after Hull had a 5 day turnaround after a hard semi final.The odds say its you that will struggle if you make the playoffs .Last season has no bearing on this.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

saintnickle wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:13 am

Really,,and what do you base that on??Our last 6 games won 5 lost 1.Those 5 weve won weve hammered Wigan Warrington and Hull..
Only 26 against wakefield? Only scraping past fax? It happened last year and its happening again.
Dont forget putting 32 pts on you,40 away on Hull and 21 away on Warrington.Youve won once in 9 against the top 3 and that was after Hull had a 5 day turnaround after a hard semi final.The odds say its you that will struggle if you make the playoffs .Last season has no bearing on this.
You're arguing your case fairly and I'd be stupid to say we'll win the GF or to back against Saints. But, as with all fans, there's an element of wishful thinking . . .

"Last season has no bearing on this" - I think it's widely accepted in sport that experience of winning big games is a factor in winning big games.

Wigan have had a change of coach and some key players left, but we still have more "knowing how to win" than Saints do.

I'm not predicting anything because this is just one factor amongst many, but your final sentence is wrong. Underneath, I think you, and all Saints' fans, know it. IF it's a Wigan Saints final, you'd have that niggling thought....
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

You're not getting it fella. No-one remembers the League leaders shield winners. Warrington have won it twice in the last 10 years and failed to convert. Huddersfield have won it, Castleford won it. The fact that these teams were consistently the best team throughout the season was completely irrelevant then, and if you fail to go on and win it this year (like you did last year) it will be irrelevant for you. Is that right and fair? Probably not. Is it the system we're stuck with. Yes it is.

You're not going to find anyone here who will deny that Saints have been by far and away the best team this season by an absolute country mile. We certainly don't like it, but its a fact. This year in order for Saints not to make the Grand Final they will have to lose two home games which I can't see happening, It then comes down to a one off show piece and who holds their nerve. In those situations, we have a recent track record of holding ours, You don't.

Are Saints favourites? Absolutely and rightfully so. They've earned the right to rotate their players in the run up to the playoffs and the cards are stacked heavily in their favour (again earned) but as we've seen time and time again in September/October anything can happen. Write us off at your peril. You've got a flag in your ground saying "Never write off the Saints" Well when it comes to September/October I say don't write off Wigan. Titles aren't won in June and July. They're won in October.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Those were a lot longer ago. Tailing off, thats whats happening.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
saintnickle

Post by saintnickle »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:03 pm

You're arguing your case fairly and I'd be stupid to say we'll win the GF or to back against Saints. But, as with all fans, there's an element of wishful thinking . . .

"Last season has no bearing on this" - I think it's widely accepted in sport that experience of winning big games is a factor in winning big games.

Wigan have had a change of coach and some key players left, but we still have more "knowing how to win" than Saints do.

I'm not predicting anything because this is just one factor amongst many, but your final sentence is wrong. Underneath, I think you, and all Saints' fans, know it. IF it's a Wigan Saints final, you'd have that niggling thought....
Of course Saints fans have that niggling thought ,but thats is all it is and all they can do is keep winning.If we get to the final that will still be there cos in a 1 off game anything can happen..Good luck and hope we meet you there..
JimmyMagnets

Post by JimmyMagnets »

morley pie eater wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:25 am Now, now! Stop the sniping you're all moaning about it on RLFans!

This is a happy forum who accept proper comments & debates from other clubs fans. Let's keep it this way [emoji4][emoji464][emoji523][emoji836]️
I didn't realise you were a Monty Python fan, Josie!
This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let’s not bicker and argue about who killed who.
https://youtu.be/jKGjOE_7bYI

[emoji23][emoji23]
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk