O'Loughlin injury update

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

O'Loughlin injury update

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors captain Sean O’Loughlin will not require surgery on a pectoral injury he sustained in his side’s 15-14 win over Hull FC in Round 24 at the KCOM Stadium.

The 36-year-old sustained the injury in the 35th-minute of Thursday night’s win and the Warriors have confirmed that the England skipper will not require surgery on the injury after scans confirmed the extent of the damage to his pectoral muscle.

O’Loughlin is scheduled to return to action in 6-8 weeks and will undergo a period of rehabilitation with the Wigan Warriors medical and strength and conditioning staff.

Wigan Warriors Head Coach, Adrian Lam, said: “Losing a player of Sean’s influence and ability will always be tough to take, yet the silver lining to this is that we should be welcoming him back into the fold as we look to make the play-offs at the end of the season. It’s up to us now as a unit to maintain our upward trajectory in recent weeks by securing a play-off berth to welcome Sean back into the squad.”

https://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2019 ... 7qVTHAg.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Barney841

Re: O'Loughlin injury update

Post by Barney841 »

Needs to retire. Love him as player but if he carries on I think he will become abit of a passenger.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

If we get to the final i think he will make a miracle recovery 😭😭
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Injury update on Wigan Warriors captain Sean O'Loughlin

Sean O'Loughlin could play again this year after being told he will NOT need surgery on a pectoral injury suffered in Wigan's 15-14 win at Hull FC on Friday.

There were fears he would not play again this year.

But having had the injury scanned over the weekend, the Warriors say he is "scheduled to return to action in 6-8 weeks" - meaning he could return for a Grand Final charge.

There are five games left of the regular season but, with a weekend off the Challenge Cup Final, he could be fit for the start of the play-offs.

And either way, it means he should be fit for Great Britain's tour Down Under.

Warriors coach Adrian Lam said: “Losing a player of Sean’s influence and ability will always be tough to take, yet the silver lining to this is that we should be welcoming him back into the fold as we look to make the play-offs at the end of the season.

"It’s up to us now as a unit to maintain our upward trajectory in recent weeks by securing a play-off berth to welcome Sean back into the squad.”

O'Loughlin had only just returned from an Achilles injury which had sidelined him for three weeks.

Until then, however, he'd had a good run in the side, figuring in 19 of Wigan's opening 23 matches and playing longer minutes than many expected.

Out of contract at the end of this season, the 36-year-old had indicated he wanted to play on next season - and made no secret of the fact he wanted to lead the revived Great Britain tour Down Under.

He was man of the match the last time GB played, in 2007. The Lions play matches against New Zealand (twice), Fiji and Papua New Guinea.

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/injury ... -1-9916751
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Josie, I bet you were drooling when he sat in the changing rooms at half-time with no shirt on :D
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:03 am Josie, I bet you were drooling when he sat in the changing rooms at half-time with no shirt on :D
Nah, got passed that now, it just jogs my memory 😉😉

I actually have a couple of pictures somewhere of him without his shirt, one was when he gave me his playing shirt the other year when we had to play at Widnes, cos of the football! And all the players were giving their shirts to the fans who made it to the game. He just made a beeline for me 😂😂 Don't think he had much choice if I'm honest 😉
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:40 am
shaunedwardsfanclub wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:03 am Josie, I bet you were drooling when he sat in the changing rooms at half-time with no shirt on :D
Nah, got passed that now, it just jogs my memory 😉😉

I actually have a couple of pictures somewhere of him without his shirt, one was when he gave me his playing shirt the other year when we had to play at Widnes, cos of the football! And all the players were giving their shirts to the fans who made it to the game. He just made a beeline for me 😂😂 Don't think he had much choice if I'm honest 😉

Behave yourself Josie. 😈😇
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.