Adrian Lam: Opinions changed?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Adrian Lam: Opinions changed?

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I know very well the backdrop against which he has been working.
The pertinent test has to be - is he getting the most out of the squad? All 3 games against Saints and the games in, say, Barcelona and London suggest he isn’t (or at least wasn’t). I don’t see any attacking improvements or a Lam style after 9 months in charge and it annoys me that he uses getting knocked out of the cup to give everyone weeks off. When he could be doing light training and teaching them a few moves.
He has, though, lasted longer than I thought and got us sufficiently competitive to win the 3 key away games on the spin which drew us away from the relegation battle. I didn’t think he would be able to instil sufficient resilience in the side. But I was wrong. I hope I am wrong again and he can come up with some moves that will trouble the good teams before the end of the season.
doc

Re: Adrian Lam: Opinions changed?

Post by doc »

I think the turn around in form is due to the return of Farrell on the pitch and the return of Matty Peet off the pitch. Since his return to the coaching team the defence has improved immensely.